Shocker: Donald Trump gushes over Vladimir Putin's 'genius' invasion of Ukraine
Former President Donald Trump on Tuesday called Vladimir Putin a "genius" after the Russian president made moves to take over parts of Ukraine.
Trump made the remarks during an interview with conservative podcaster Buck Sexton.
"I went in yesterday and there was a television screen, and I said, 'This is genius,'" Trump recalled. "Putin declares a big portion of the Ukraine — of Ukraine -- Putin declares it as independent. Oh, that’s wonderful."
"I said, 'How smart is that?'" the former U.S. president continued. "And he’s gonna go in and be a peacekeeper. That’s the strongest peace force… We could use that on our southern border. That’s the strongest peace force I’ve ever seen. There were more army tanks than I’ve ever seen. They’re gonna keep peace all right. No, but think of it. Here’s a guy who’s very savvy."
Trump added: "But here’s a guy that says, you know, 'I’m gonna declare a big portion of Ukraine independent,' he used the word 'independent' and 'we’re gonna go out and we’re gonna go in and we’re gonna help keep peace.' You gotta say that’s pretty savvy. And you know what the response was from Biden? There was no response. They didn’t have one for that. No, it’s very sad. Very sad."
Watch the video clip below.
Trump praises Putin's 'genius' plan to invade Ukraine youtu.be
- Experts weigh in on Vladimir Putin sending troops into Ukraine ... ›
- Foreign affairs experts say Putin has launched an 'invasion' of ... ›
- Vladimir Putin orders Russian troops into Eastern Ukraine - Alternet ... ›
- Watch: Trump praises 'tough' and 'smart' Putin while attacking Biden ... ›
- Putin just bombed the capital of Ukraine — and Trump blamed it on the 'rigged election' - Alternet.org ›
- Retired US Army general slams Trump and Pompeo for praising 'murderous thug' Vladimir Putin - Alternet.org ›
- 'Putin has stopped pretending': Political scientist warns autocrats are brazenly 'trying to remake the world in their image' - Alternet.org ›
- Expert urges 'policy of containment' to check Vladimir Putin's aggression - Alternet.org ›
- 'Gutless' Tom Cotton blasted for refusing to condemn Trump’s praise of Vladimir Putin - Alternet.org ›
- Viral video: Trump brags Putin ‘was a friend of mine I got along great with him’ – while he was president - Alternet.org ›
- Flashback: President Trump brags Putin ‘was a friend of mine -- I got along great with him’ - Alternet.org ›
- Vladimir Putin doesn’t realize how ‘badly’ the Ukraine war is going for Russian forces: report - Alternet.org ›