GOP rep slams 'self-aggrandizing con artist' Josh Hawley: 'One of the worst human beings'
Rep. Adam Kinzinger of Illinois is among the few Republicans in the U.S. House of Representatives who isn’t afraid to vehemently criticize former President Donald Trump and his MAGA loyalists, and on February 2, the anti-Trump conservative slammed Sen. Josh Hawley of Missouri as a “self-aggrandizing con artist” in response to the GOP senator’s comments on President Joe Biden and Ukraine.
Hawley has criticized Biden for ordering 3000 U.S. troops to Europe. Thousands of Russian troops are stationed on the Russia-Ukraine border, and the Biden Administration fears that Russia, under President Vladimir Putin, will invade Ukraine. Hawley also called for the Biden White House to block Ukraine from joining the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO).
While Hawley is a major Trump apologist, Kinzinger is one of two Republicans on House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s select committee on the January 6, 2021 insurrection. The other is Rep. Liz Cheney of Wyoming, another scathing critic of the former president.
On February 2, Kinzinger tweeted, “I hate to be so personal, but Hawley is one of the worst human beings, and a self egrandizing con artist. When Trump goes down I certainly hope this evil will be laid in the open for all to see, and be ashamed of.”
I hate to be so personal, but Hawley is one of the worst human beings, and a self egrandizing con artist. When Trump goes down I certainly hope this evil will be layed in the open for all to see, and be ashamed of.https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1488891240221392898\u00a0\u2026— Adam Kinzinger (@Adam Kinzinger) 1643817258
When Business Insider asked Hawley to comment on Kinzinger’s tweet, he laughed and responded, “And what prompts this outburst?.... Weird.”
Kinzinger, in response to Hawley, tweeted, “It is weird. We are in weird times. Like having a Senator more interested in pleasing Tucker and playing to worst instincts than leading. Denying Jan 6th truth despite fomenting it, among other things.”
It is weird. We are in weird times. Like having a Senator more interested in pleasing Tucker and playing to worst instincts than leading. Denying Jan 6th truth despite fomenting it, among other things.https://twitter.com/metzgov/status/1488939130373427202\u00a0\u2026— Adam Kinzinger (@Adam Kinzinger) 1643826337
"And what prompts this outburst?" @HawleyMO asked, seeing the tweet for the first time. \n\nInformed that @AdamKinzinger seemed to be taking issue with Hawley's stance on Ukraine's NATO membership, he laughed. \n\n"Weird," he said.https://www.businessinsider.com/adam-kinzinger-josh-hawley-ukraine-nato-2022-2\u00a0\u2026— bryan metzger (@bryan metzger) 1643825726
As a Missouri resident, I am truly baffled why the Republican Party nominated Josh Hawley and why Missourians voted for Josh Hawley over the much more qualified Claire McCaskill.https://twitter.com/AdamKinzinger/status/1488903613237927936\u00a0\u2026— Dan Dassow (@Dan Dassow) 1643851262
The Tucker that Kinzinger was referring to was Fox News’ Tucker Carlson, who, like Hawley, has been a critic of the Biden Administration’s Ukraine policy. Hawley, in a letter to Secretary of State Anthony Blinken, wrote, “Such a deployment can only detract from the U.S. military's ability to ready and modernize forces to deter China in the Indo-Pacific.”
On February 2, Business Insider journalists Brent D. Griffiths, John Haltiwanger and Bryan Metzger noted, “This isn't the first time Kinzinger has attacked Hawley. Kinzinger, a member of the House's January 6, 2021 committee and one of the ten Republicans who voted to impeach Trump for inciting the insurrection, previously criticized the senator for bragging about his role in leading the effort to object to the certification of the 2020 presidential election.”
The 43-year-old Kinzinger was first elected to the U.S. House of Representatives in 2010 and is presently serving his sixth term. On October 29, 2021, the GOP congressman — obviously troubled by the Trumpified direction of his party — announced that he won’t be seeking reelection in the 2022 midterms.
- Josh Hawley slammed for bizarre claim 'the left's attempt to give us a ... ›
- MSNBC's Tiffany Cross slams GOP as 'weird, creepy white guy party ... ›
- 'Jan. 6 wasn't a fantasy': Top Missouri paper says it's 'long past time ... ›
- St. Louis newspaper torches Sen. Josh Hawley with a brutal history lesson - Alternet.org ›
- Josh Hawley refuses to halt sales of Capitol riot 'fist bump' mug: report - Alternet.org ›
- 'Attention-grabbing. Do-nothing': Missouri attorney torches Josh Hawley for his pseudo concerns about abused children - Alternet.org ›
- Republican lawmakers and sedition supporters are irate that the end of Roe was leaked in advance - Alternet.org ›
- Missouri newspaper attacks Josh Hawley for lacking principles and wasting time on law that will never pass - Alternet.org ›
- 'You should join my class': Law professor schools Josh Hawley on dangers of 'denying that trans people exist' - Alternet.org ›
- Josh Hawley has suffered a 'complete and utter political emasculation': former RNC head - Alternet.org ›
- GOPers Louie Gohmert and Paul Gosar may suffer from 'serious cognitive issues': January 6th advisor - Alternet.org ›