Tucker Carlson humiliates Ted Cruz on-air as the senator grovels apologetically about his Jan. 6 comments
Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) groveled before Fox News host Tucker Carlson on Thursday when asked about describing the January 6th Capitol riots as a terrorist attack.
Carlson started off by accusing Cruz of deliberately "lying" to smear the MAGA rioters as terrorists.
"You called this a terror attack, when by no definition was this a terror attack," he said. "That’s a lie. You told that lie on purpose. I’m wondering why you did."
Cruz replied apologetically.
"The way I phrased things yesterday, it was sloppy and it was, frankly, dumb," he said.
"I don't buy that!" Carlson interjected. "I've known you a long time since before you went to the Senate! You were a Supreme Court contender! You take words as seriously as any man who's served in the Senate! And you repeated that phrase -- I do not believe you used it accidentally."
Watch the video below.
Tucker: You called this a terror attack.. That\u2019s a lie. You told that lie on purpose. I\u2019m wondering why you did \nCruz: The way I phrased things yesterday, it was sloppy and frankly it was dumb\nTucker: I don\u2019t buy that. Woah woah woah! I don\u2019t buy thatpic.twitter.com/h2TSFa78eV— Acyn (@Acyn) 1641519168
- 'A horrible liar': Ted Cruz torched for spreading lies about Southwest ... ›
- Watch: Jim Acosta unleashes expletive-laden takedown of Tucker ... ›
- 'What the hell is going on?' Tucker Carlson slams Ted Cruz for ... ›
- Long-time GOP operative Karl Rove comes out swinging against Republican defenders of Jan. 6 - Alternet.org ›
- Ted Cruz’s former speechwriter issues a dire warning about his 'frightening' radicalization - Alternet.org ›
- Yes, Ted Cruz is a joke. But it's a sick joke - Alternet.org ›
- 'Insidious': Tucker Carlson lambasted for staggering claim that the right has ‘remained nonviolent’ - Alternet.org ›