Former Trump official: Biden choosing first Black woman justice bars 'Hispanics, Asians and gays'
A highly-controversial former Trump official is claiming President Joe Biden's promise to seat the first Black woman on the U.S. Supreme Court is discriminatory.
Richard Grenell, who served as Trump's Acting Director of National Intelligence, and as Trump's Ambassador to Germany, was seen by at least one lawmaker in Berlin as a "biased propaganda machine." On Thursday Grenell attacked President Biden by attacking another Democrat, former White House Press Secretary Joe Lockhart.
Lockhart served as President Bill Clinton's White House Press Secretary. On Thursday he tweeted, "Ahead of the midterms, I look forward to watching every Republican Senator oppose the first black woman to the Supreme Court."
Earlier in the day Grenell posted a similar tweet:
Conservatives, including on the far right which Grenell has been accused of having ties to, have been falsely claiming it's "racist" to choose a Supreme Court Justice who is Black and a woman.
Those same conservatives are apparently ignorant of the fact that smart presidents, like smart managers, create a Supreme Court team. There's no such things as "the most qualified," nor is there any way, any right way, to measure. Presidents, smart presidents, want justices who are young so they can have a decades-long impact on the nation and its future. They want great minds who are able to work behind the scenes to win over their colleagues. And, unlike Republicans, they want justices who have the lived experiences of more and more Americans –because the law is not stagnant, despite what the originalists and textualists falsely claim.
Here's Grenell, attacking President Biden through Lockhart:
Some responses to Grenell's tweet:
Being a woman and black doesn't necessarily make one straight ....
— Alex 🏳️🌈 (@Sanvers_TV) January 27, 2022
God, you’re exhausting. Would a gay Hispanic-Asian-African-American liberal suffice for you then?
— Dominic Antonio Crossey (He/Him) (@DominicACrossey) January 27, 2022
- Log Cabin Republicans endorse Trump for re-election days after ... ›
- Trump's petty vindictiveness on full display despite the ongoing ... ›
- Trump is 'running his own shadow government': Experts shocked ... ›
- Biden smacks down racist comments From Mississippi senator claiming a Black judge couldn’t be qualified - Alternet.org ›
- 'Endless word salad': Trump critics pile on his 'desperately deranged' Texas rally speech - Alternet.org ›
- In the 'danger zone': Legal experts shed light on unique law that could block Trump from returning to the White House - Alternet.org ›
- 'Exactly the same as GOP messaging': Putin’s spy chief mocked for crying sanctions are cancel culture - Alternet.org ›