New York attorney general issues subpoenas to Ivanka Trump and Donald Trump Jr: report
Ivanka Trump image via Fox News.January 03, 2022Bank
New York State Attorney General Letitia James has issued subpoenas to Ivanka Trump and Donald Trump, Jr. to obtain testimony related to the Trump Organization’s finances and business practices.
The subpoenas are attached to a civil investigation, and were served last month, The New York Times reports.
James has also issued a subpoena to Donald Trump which is being battled in court by the former president’s attorneys.
That case centers on accusations Trump fraudulently inflated the value of his assets when communicating with banks for credit and loans, but deflated their value for tax purposes.
CNN’s Sonia Moghe notes that Ivanka Trump and Donald Trump, Jr., along with the former president, have now been “added to the case as respondents.”
From Your Site Articles
- NY State AG refuses to back down from her Trump probe: ‘Our investigation will continue undeterred’ - Alternet.org ›
- Judge slaps down Don Jr., Ivanka and Donald Trump's effort to dodge subpoenas — and gives them three weeks to testify - Alternet.org ›
- 'The dog ate my homework': Legal experts shred Donald Trump's excuse for ignoring subpoena - Alternet.org ›
- DOJ alumni makes the case for prosecuting Trump’s post-election crimes: 'A prosecution is both winnable and necessary' - Alternet.org ›
- Manhattan judge refuses to dismiss felony charges against ex-Trump Organization CFO - Alternet.org ›