Watch: Matt Gaetz obscenely attacks Ted Cruz over Jan. 6 remarks
During a wild press conference Thursday afternoon Reps. Matt Gaetz and Marjorie Taylor Greene delivered extremist remarks cloaked as the “Republican response” to January 6.
At one point a reporter asked Congresswoman Greene if she agreed with Senator Ted Cruz who said on Wednesday that the January 6 insurrection was a “terrorist attack.”
Greene adamantly disagreed with the Republican from Texas.
“Absolutely not. I think Sen. Cruz is smart enough to know since he’s an attorney that no one’s been charged with terrorism, just like no one’s been charged with insurrection. I think that was very irresponsible of him to call them ‘terrorists’ and I completely disagree.”
READ: 'Is that English?': Newsmax cuts away from Marjorie Taylor Greene as her speech about Jan. 6 baffles critics
Gaetz appeared to interject, offering up a markedly different response.
“The establishment will never love you Ted,” he declared, smiling, almost gleefully. “You know, you can, you can can bend over, at bended knee, for them, but they’re just not going to love you. I think that was made clear by the good Senator who we agree with on many, many things to recast himself in the eyes of some of the folks in your profession,” he told the reporter.
Cruz, seen by many as the original leader of the insurrection, has been under assault from the right after he made an about face Wednesday, disavowing the insurrectionists.
Gaetz: The establishment will never love you Ted. You can bend over\u2026 they\u2019re just not going to love youpic.twitter.com/e4Fh6mlveH— Acyn (@Acyn) 1641498324
- Watch: Jim Acosta unleashes expletive-laden takedown of Tucker ... ›
- WATCH: Matt Gaetz's extremist takeover remarks just backfired in a ... ›
- Democrat rips GOP's Matt Gaetz as 'most punchable face in ... ›
- Gaetz complains to DeSantis that a music festival will require vaccination or a negative COVID test - Alternet.org ›
- Mexican ambassador slams Ted Cruz: At least our politicians accept election results - Alternet.org ›
- Security called at Montana airport after Ted Cruz 'got into a confrontation' with 2 United employees: report - Alternet.org ›