Trump gets jeered for telling his supporters he got the COVID vaccine booster
Much of the anti-vaxxer disinformation of 2021 has come from far-right MAGA Republicans, and former President Donald Trump has often avoided talking about being vaccinated for COVID-19 after being booed by some of his own supporters. But during a recent event with former Fox News host Bill O’Reilly, Trump revealed that he has received a COVID-19 booster.
Trump, at the event, bragged that a COVID-19 vaccine was fast-tracked when he was still president, telling the crowd, “This was going to ravage the country far beyond what it is right now. Take credit for it, take credit for it…. Don’t let them take it away.”
'You\u2019re playing right into their hands' when you doubt the vaccine, President Trump says.pic.twitter.com/xJc7JTL0cR— No Spin News (@No Spin News) 1640021517
The former president told fellow Republicans that “you’re playing right into their hands” when attacking COVID-19 vaccines.
“No mandates,” Trump added. “But take credit.”
O'Reilly asked Trump if he had gotten the vaccine booster, to which he replied — after a brief pause — with "Yes."
A group in the audience seemed to react negatively to that answer and began jeering. But Trump tried to shut them down, saying "Don't, don't, don't, don't." He added that the disapproval was coming from a "very tiny group over there."
- The anti-vaxxers' lies are collapsing around them as mandates ... ›
- Here's why anti-vaxxers appear more likely to embrace unproven ... ›
- Anti-vaxxers are becoming increasingly unhinged and 'violent ... ›
- Candace Owens gets mocked after Trump humiliates her with facts about the COVID vaccines - Alternet.org ›
- An unvaccinated Michigan man who defied an order to close his restaurant has died of COVID-19 - Alternet.org ›
- Trump’s 'aggressive' pro-vaccine message is a calculated effort to 'win back the suburbs': MSNBC’s Joe Scarborough - Alternet.org ›
- Fox hosts clash over COVID boosters as one reveals his family's outbreak: 'I trust my doctor' - Alternet.org ›
- Two lawyers argued against COVID safety rules to the Supreme Court — while positive for COVID - Alternet.org ›
- 'Gutless': Trump makes a thinly veiled attack on DeSantis — and one reporter says she knows why - Alternet.org ›
- 'Truly stunning': Legal expert shows how Gorsuch abandoned his supposed principles in vaccine rule case - Alternet.org ›
- Georgia Republicans push bill banning all government mandates of 'any vaccination including in public schools' - Alternet.org ›