CNN reporter catches Fox News blatantly lying about Biden's COVID-19 speech
During his speech on his administration's plan for handling the coming winter surge in COVID-19 cases, President Joe Biden gave credit to former President Donald Trump's administration for its initiative in developing COVID-19 vaccines.
Additionally, Biden specifically gave Trump credit for talking publicly about his decision to get a booster against the virus.
"Just the other day, former President Trump announced he got his booster shot," he said. "It may be one of the few things he and I agree on. People with booster shots are highly protected.”
Despite this, as CNN media reporter Oliver Darcy notes on Twitter, Fox News falsely told its viewers hours later that Trump got no credit from Biden or Democrats for his administration's work on the vaccines.
A Fox News chyron that appeared mere hours after Biden's address falsely stated, "Dems refuse to credit Trump for vaccine effort."
hours after Biden credited Trump's admin for the development of the vaccines, this is the chyron on Foxpic.twitter.com/HctyEuazO2— Oliver Darcy (@Oliver Darcy) 1640132821
- Fox News has been setting up a new 'Big Lie' in case the GOP loses ... ›
- Fox News can't resist 'undermining American democracy' with voter ... ›
- The Jan. 6 committee proved Fox News knowingly lies on air ... ›
- Fox hosts clash over COVID boosters as one reveals his family's outbreak: 'I trust my doctor' - Alternet.org ›
- Is Biden read to pounce? The meaning behind the best speech of his presidency - Alternet.org ›