Watch: Stephen Colbert defends Big Bird from Ted Cruz’s ire with colorful 2-letter retort
Stephen Colbert delivered a colorful response to Sen. Ted Cruz's (R-Texas) recent bizarre attack on Sesame Street. The Texas senator's remark came after Big Bird tweeted that he'd been vaccinated for COVID-19.
In response to Big Bird's announcement, Cruz tweeted, "Government propaganda... for your 5-year-old!"
On Monday night's edition of "The Late Show," Colbert discussed the senator's bizarre attack as he offered a two-letter response for him. "Senator Cruz, how should I put this?" Colbert said. "Our show tonight is brought to you by the letters 'F' and 'U.'"
Colbert went on to take a jab at Cruz as he highlighted the one thing the Republican senator appears to have in common with birds. The late-night talk show host noted that Cruz also flies south to escape cold weather, alluding to the senator's ill-timed trip to Cancun during a bitter winter storm that battered Texas earlier this year.
He added, "I'm surprised Cruz is at odds with Big Bird here. "They have so much in common: When it gets cold, they both fly south."
Watch the video below, via CBS:
- Colbert has a piece of advice for Trump ahead of the upcoming ... ›
- Watch: Stephen Colbert hilariously mocks Eric Trump — in a way ... ›
- Stephen Colbert slams Ron DeSantis and gives Florida a mocking ... ›
- Ivermectin-pushing doctor attacks CNN and Sesame Street for 'collusion' over vaccine information - Alternet.org ›
- 'One of America's darkest days': Stephen Colbert commemorates Jan. 6 anniversary with 'Rent' parody - Alternet.org ›
- Twitter bludgeons Ted Cruz for medical freedom hypocrisy - Alternet.org ›