Trump-backed PA candidate loses primary custody of 3 kids after shocking testimony from estranged wife: report
"Laurie Snell and Parnell separated in 2018. They have three children, ages 12, 11 and 8. During her testimony on the first day of the Butler County custody trial on Nov. 1, Snell alleged that Parnell had physically abused both her and her children," the newspaper reported. "A court docket in the case showed Senior Judge James Arner awarded primary physical and sole legal custody to Snell, with partial physical custody to go to Parnell."
Three weeks ago, Laurie Parnell testified the GOP candidate "tried to choke me out on a couch and I literally had to bite him to escape."
"In tears, Laurie Parnell said that her husband would call her a 'whore' and a 'piece of sh*t.' She also testified that he once put her out of the car and left her by the road after they argued when he told her she had to get an abortion," The Philadelphia Inquirerreported. "In a court hearing here over custody of their three children, Laurie Parnell described years of intense rage and abuse that she endured from her husband."
When Trump bestowed his endorsement in September, he said Parnell was "a great Senate candidate."
"Sean Parnell will represent the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania the way it should be represented—and it's about time!" Trump argued.
Jeff Bartos, who is also running in the GOP primary to replace retiring Sen. Pat Toomey (R-PA), has sought make an issue of Parnell's scandals.
>\u2066@PunchbowlNews\u2069 midday \u2014 TRUMP fundraising for \u2066@SeanParnellUSA\u2069 at mar a lago in January \n\nAlso his campaign issued full throated endorsement after \u2066@dlippman\u2069 story about McCormick candidacy.pic.twitter.com/gvppBTi0dQ— Jake Sherman (@Jake Sherman) 1636136930
- Trump-driven extremism is seeping into every corner of the GOP's ... ›
- Sean Parnell's 'fictional' novel is not so fictional after all - Alternet.org ›
- Trump-backed GOP Senate candidate Sean Parnell accused of ... ›
- Journalist details new Senate candidate Dr. Oz's history of ‘out-there quack science’ - Alternet.org ›
- Trump kids’ refusal to pay their bills is coming back to haunt them in DC investigation: report - Alternet.org ›
- Far-right groups backing pro-Trump candidates are a growing threat to the GOP: report - Alternet.org ›