'You can’t fix stupid': Former GOP lawmaker flattens Marjorie Taylor Greene over her latest meltdown
Appearing on MSNBC with host Alex Witt, former Florida Rep. Dave Jolly (R) ridiculed currently seated Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) for her furious meltdown on her 13 GOP colleagues who voted for President Joe Biden's historic infrastructure bill, saying she was beyond help.
After the host read from a New York Times article detailing how Republicans — including Taylor Greene starting a fight within their own party — Jolly was asked about her meltdown.
"She accused of those 13 of having voted to pass Joe Biden's 'communist takeover of America' and tweeted the phone numbers to their congressional offices, for some reason only listing 12 of the 13," Witt prompted. "Okay David, this one's for you."
"I would say you can't fix stupid, Alex," he smirked. " I suppose if we really want to put some legislative analysis to this, by the numbers, this is right. Democrats did not hold their entire caucus together. It did pass with Republican votes. but it also passed in the Senate with I believe 19 Republican votes."
"The important thing for Democrats to take from this, this is a good thing. take the victory lap, sell this as a jobs bill, sell this as economic stimulus, and also realize you have to really lean into this victory," he suggested. "Because there will be zero Republican votes on the Build Back Better legislation — you have to get your caucus in line for that final vote."
MSNBC 11 07 2021 12 42 09youtu.be
- Marjorie Taylor Greene slams fellow GOP lawmakers in fiery Twitter ... ›
- 'You crack me up': Marjorie Taylor Greene bursts out laughing when ... ›
- Adam Kinzinger mocks Marjorie Taylor Greene's 'Communist ... ›
- 'This isn't fringe anymore': Democrats express horror at Marjorie Taylor Greene's dangerous idea - Alternet.org ›
- Twitter permanently bans Marjorie Taylor Greene's account for spreading COVID misinformation - Alternet.org ›