Lauren Boebert walloped by local news anchor in epic on-air takedown
A local broadcaster shredded Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-CO) in a scathing on-air editorial.
Kyle Clark, a KUSA-TV anchor, scolded his fellow journalists for holding the Colorado Republican to a much different standard that other elected officials in the state.
"We hold Congresswoman Boebert to a far lower standard," Clark said. "If we held her to the same standard as every other elected Republican or Democrat in Colorado, we would be here near nightly chronicling the cruel, false and bigoted things that Boebert says for attention and fundraising."
"This is not about politics, assuming politics is still about things like taxes, national security, health care, jobs and public lands. This is about us, as journalists, recognizing that we'll hold the politicians accountable if they say something vile once, but we won't do it if they do it every day."
"Our double standard is unfair to all the elected officials in Colorado, Republicans and Democrats, who display human decency," he added.
#HeyNext Commentary: We should admit we hold Republican Congresswoman @LaurenBoebert to a different standard than every other elected official in Colorado.pic.twitter.com/jxX4xna0Ar— Kyle Clark (@Kyle Clark) 1637201709
- Watch: Jimmy Kimmel torches Lauren Boebert with epic mocking ... ›
- FBI raids homes of Colorado MAGA county clerk and Lauren ... ›
- Ilhan Omar rips Lauren Boebert for calling her a member of 'The ... ›
- This dark money group has spent millions trying to help GOP regain relevance in Colorado after 'years of defeat': report - Alternet.org ›
- Colorado GOP congressman allegedly misused House resources — including having aides 'run errands': OCE report - Alternet.org ›