Trump demands to be 'declared the winner' of 2020 race — or get a do-over election
Former President Donald Trump is pushing a new conspiracy theory while demanding to be either reinstated as president or get a do-over election.
The United States Constitution does not allow for either option, but facts have never seemed to matter when it comes to Trump pushing his "Big Lie" of election fraud.
Trump remains fixated on Arizona, which he lost to Joe Biden, but has changed his focus within the state. The controversial Cyber Ninjas "audit" of Maricopa County, the state's most populous county that includes Phoenix, failed to prove Trump's conspiracy theories of election fraud.
Now Trump has shifted his focus to Pima County, Arizona's second most populous which includes the county seat of Tuscon.
"A new analysis of mail-in ballots in Pima County, Arizona means the election was Rigged and Stolen from the Republican Party in 2020, and in particular, its Presidential Candidate. This analysis, derived from publicly available election data, shows staggering anomalies and fictitious votes in Pima County's mail-in returns, making it clear they stuffed the ballot box (in some precincts with more ballots than were ever sent!)," Trump claimed, even though there is no evidence that ballot boxes were stuffed.
"The Department of Justice has had this information since the November 2020 Election, and has done nothing about it. The Pima County GOP should start a canvass of Republican voters, in order to identify and remove the obvious fictitious voters from the system," Trump wrote.
"Either a new Election should immediately take place or the past Election should be decertified and the Republican candidate declared the winner," Trump said.
NEW!\n\nPresident Donald J. Trump releases new statement on damning findings in Pima County, Arizona\n\n"Either a new Election should immediately take place or the past Election should be decertified and the Republican candidate declared the winner."pic.twitter.com/ACNvcA70bE— Liz Harrington (@Liz Harrington) 1634327561
- Republicans suffering 'cold sweats' over fears Trump's tantrums will ... ›
- 'Not competent': Legal experts pan Trump's 'clown show' attorneys ... ›
- 'He didn't absorb a ton': Trump gets brutally mocked over his 'insane ... ›
- Republicans fear Trump will 'drive the car off the cliff' as they look at midterms: report - Alternet.org ›
- Stunning analysis reveals you’re nearly 3 times more likely to die of COVID if you live in a pro-Trump county - Alternet.org ›
- Super Bowl fans mercilessly troll and mock Donald Trump following Rams victory - Alternet.org ›