'Completely soulless': Ted Cruz slammed for 'nauseating' pivot from Texas school shooting to 'Biden border crisis'
After at least four people were injured during a shooting at a high school in Arlington, Texas on Wednesday, October 6, it didn't take Sen. Ted Cruz long to respond to the tragedy with an attack on President Joe Biden. And the far-right senator is being slammed for it on Twitter.
An absolutely incredible transition from Ted Cruz\u2026pic.twitter.com/KybrlGUP01— Sawyer Hackett (@Sawyer Hackett) 1633539087
Cruz, at a press conference, told reporters, "We are grateful for the courage and the heroism of the first responders, and we are hoping that all of the students or individuals who may have been injured will come through and survive. We're here today because of the Biden border crisis."
After video of that press conference was tweeted, Cruz was inundated with negative responses for using a tragedy as an excuse for a cheap partisan attack. Here are some of them:
There\u2019s a special place in hell waiting for him— OpinionatedLauraCoffeeAddict (@OpinionatedLauraCoffeeAddict) 1633539414
what, and i cannot stress this enough, the actual fuck?— \ud83c\udf35 Dra Megan Figueroa \ud83c\udfdc (@\ud83c\udf35 Dra Megan Figueroa \ud83c\udfdc) 1633539355
I sometimes suspect that the fact that we have to exist in the same world as him means that we already ARE in hell. :(— Valerie Klauscher (@Valerie Klauscher) 1633539845
What border crisis? Other than the inhuman treatment of refugees by Border Patrol agents that were likely hired under Trump's expansion of the Border Patrol.— Joel Serna (@Joel Serna) 1633539447
"But enough about that absolute horror show that we in the GOP have created, let's move on to another one that we pretend is out of hand when it's actually not, and let's blame it on Biden..."— John Desrocher (@John Desrocher) 1633539779
I don\u2019t by into #CancunCruz. In fact, he\u2019ll most likely blow off this tragedy just like ElPaso & the power outage this year. He\u2019s got no credibility.— Ryan\ud83c\uddfa\ud83c\uddf8\ud83c\udde8\ud83c\udde6 (@Ryan\ud83c\uddfa\ud83c\uddf8\ud83c\udde8\ud83c\udde6) 1633540970
If there's a school shooting and MS media won't show the picture of the perp (which likely = perp is white /white-presenting) -- then Eduardo Cruz is *going to* try to blame it on an immigrant other than himself \n\n#LadderPuller— M R B (@M R B) 1633539841
- Ted Cruz mocked after saying he 'stands with' NBA star who ... ›
- 'Unprecedented': Ted Cruz accused of 'undermining' America's ... ›
- Top Democrat blasts Ted Cruz with Afghanistan blame - Alternet.org ›
- Did COVID-19 secretly unite (rather than divide) us? A new documentary argues just that - Alternet.org ›
- School shootings are at a record high this year – but they can be prevented - Alternet.org ›
- Fox News staffer made up story about Canadian protester getting trampled — and duped Ted Cruz: report - Alternet.org ›
- Ted Cruz sparks Twitter debate as GOP freaks out over Elmo’s 'COVID shot' on Sesame Street - Alternet.org ›
- 'A huge red flag': Op-ed offers blistering assessment of Ted Cruz’s 'states’ rights' argument - Alternet.org ›