Never-Trumper calls Rupert Murdoch a 'domestic threat' over Tucker Carlson’s upcoming Jan. 6 special
Stuart Stevens is calling out News Corp founder and chief Rupert Murdoch as a "domestic threat" in response to a stunning preview clip from Fox News' top personality, Tucker Carlson, that falsely paints Donald Trump's January 6 insurrection as a false flag operation by Democrats.
"If Rupert Murdoch were applying for American citizenship today, there would be ample evidence to classify him as a domestic threat and deny citizenship," Stevens says of Murdoch, an Australian-born naturalized U.S. citizen. "He's a dangerous man who should be treated as the anti-democratic propagandist he is."
Stevens is known as one of the top Republican strategists who became a never-Trumper and co-founded The Lincoln Project. Murdoch owns News Corp, the parent company of Fox News, The Wall Street Journal, The New York Post, and numerous other outlets across the globe. He became a U.S. citizen in 1985 to meet the requirements to purchase and own TV stations.
The clip of Tucker Carlson's three-part series on the January 6 insurrection (below) is being called "fucking insane" by fellow never-Trumper Tim Miller, a former GOP strategist.
"I'd like to focus in on the fact that Fox is hosting one of the main architects of the Stop The Steal insurrection Ali Akbar Alexander for this 1/6 special," Miller adds. "Going full Newsmax."
In a scathing strike against Carlson, former Obama HUD deputy assistant secretary Brandon Friedman compared the Fox News personality to a radio station known for helping to incite the Rwandan genocide in which more than one million people died and up to half a million women were raped.
Here's the clip, which is loaded with falsehoods and anti-American, anti-democracy propaganda:
Apparently Fox News is letting Tucker Carlson do a special on his conspiracy theory that January 6 was a "false flag"pic.twitter.com/dYngE77L4r— Andrew Lawrence (@Andrew Lawrence) 1635381631
- How Rupert Murdoch's Media Empire Benefited from Selling ... ›
- 'A shocking legacy': Malcolm Turnbull slams News Corp reporter to ... ›
- Rupert Murdoch 'privately acknowledged' the realities of climate ... ›
- 'Betrayal to the public': Ex-Fox News reporter slams the network - Alternet.org ›
- 'Cancer on Democracy': Steve Schmidt destroys Rupert Murdoch who 'monetized' Trump’s 'insanity' with 'hate' - Alternet.org ›
- Fox News is killing its own viewers — and the Murdoch family is fine with that - Alternet.org ›