Marjorie Taylor Greene unleashes on AOC with a wild conspiracy theory: You ‘participated in civil war’
U.S. Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA), the most prominent lawmaker named in the bombshell Rolling Stone article, unleashed a wild a conspiracy theory-fueled attack against Democratic Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Monday.
Her tweetstorm, 12 posts long (although she did label one #6 twice) included the demand, usually made by right wing Twitter trolls, to "debate me," along with false claims AOC is "tear[ing] our country apart because you are a communist," and "participated in [a] civil war."
Greene started by retweeting Rep. Ocasio-Cortez's tweet calling for any "member of Congress who helped plot a terrorist attack on our nation's capitol" to be "expelled."
1. Again I challenge you to debate me. You have a big problem understanding our laws because you want to tear our… https://t.co/kSR1RnjSEz— Marjorie Taylor Greene 🇺🇸 (@Marjorie Taylor Greene 🇺🇸) 1635170985.0
Rep. Greene complains "ALL of the thousands of Antifa/BLM foot soldiers of the Democrat Communist Party that attacked innocent Americans, looted & burned private businesses, & more crimes have not been properly charged yet & many were let off."
She claims AOC and other Democratic lawmakers engaged in a "civil war that was waged in the streets of America during the communist revolution of 2020," which is a flat-out lie.
Greene also falsely calls U.S. Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN) a "terrorist sympathizer," and claims the BLM protests caused over $1 trillion in damage, which is wildly false.
In her provably false screed Greene uses variations of the word "communist" five times, "Socialist" and "Fascist" once each, "civil war" and "vaccine" three times, "Democrat" seven times, "America" or "American" nine times.
- 'Biology 101': AOC torches Texas Gov. Greg Abbott for misinformed ... ›
- 'Get the hell out of our great country': Marjorie Taylor Greene claims ... ›
- AOC ties Manchin to dark money: 'Corporate money has a very tight ... ›
- Marjorie Taylor Greene blasted for appearing to admit Jan. 6 was an insurrection 'to overthrow tyrants' - Alternet.org ›
- Rep. Ilhan Omar torches Lauren Boebert for calling her a member of 'The Jihad Squad' during bizarre rant on House floor - Alternet.org ›
- Kevin McCarthy whines: AOC and other Dems tried to 'shut me down' by 'heckling' during 8-hour floor speech - Alternet.org ›
- The Revolution of 2020: How Trump's Big Lie reshaped history after 220 years - Alternet.org ›
- Former GOP lawmaker lays out plan to boot Boebert and Taylor Greene from Congress - Alternet.org ›