Watch: Kyrsten Sinema dashes to the bathroom after being approached by protesters
A viral video is making the rounds on social media after social justice group Living United for Change in Arizona (LUCHA) shared it via Twitter on Sunday, October 3.
The video highlights protesters confrontation with Rep. Kyrsten Sinema (D-Ariz.) over her disapproval of Joe Biden's Build Back Better agenda. The president's proposal has been widely backed by Democratic lawmakers but Republicans have balked at its price tag.
After dodging protesters, Sinema emerged from the bathroom only to say to them, "Actually, I am heading out "
"We need to hold you accountable to what you told us, what you promised us that you were going to pass when we knocked on doors for you," An activist, who only goes by name Blanca, says in the footage. "It's not right.
🔴BREAKING: Blanca, an AZ immigrant youth confronts @SenatorSinema inside her classroom, where she teaches @ ASU. "i… https://t.co/Ydy4NMqjCk— LUCHA Arizona (@LUCHA Arizona) 1633285430.0
Another clip captured Sinema's exchange with a seperate protester. In the second video, protesters could be seen following the Democratic lawmaker back into her classroom.
"We wouldn't have to resort to confronting @senatorsinema around Phx if she took meetings with the communities that elected her," the caption reads. "She's been completely inaccessible." In the footage, the group stands outside, chanting, "Build back better! Pass the bill!" and "Undocumented! Unafraid!"
Despite the growing opposition toward Sinema, her communications director has released a brief statement to The Daily Beast.
"We are not dignifying this behavior with a response," the director wrote.
- Kyrsten Sinema just threw an unexpected wrench into Biden's ... ›
- Of course Bill Maher is defending Joe Manchin and Kyrsten Sinema ... ›
- Kyrsten Sinema's antics may come back to cripple her political future ... ›
- Trumpers stand up for Kyrsten Sinema — suggest bathroom protesters should be 'deported' - Alternet.org ›
- Pro-Trump MAGA protesters wave obscene Biden signs ahead of the president’s Michigan speech - Alternet.org ›