'Vile and provable corruption': Bestselling author blasts 'Senator for sale' Joe Manchin in damning new video
Don Winslow, the author of several New York Times bestsellers, recently blasted Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) in a newly-released video shared on social media.
For months now, Manchin has positioned himself as one of the main roadblocks of President Joe Biden's proposed Build Back Better agenda, pushing back on key provisions including child tax credits and climate initiatives.
In the video, Winslow described Manchin as a "senator for sale" as he detailed the lawmaker's "financial conflicts of interest as well as those of his family," HuffPost reports. With the video, Winslow tweeted, "[Joe Manchin] is blocking Joe Biden's agenda. We found so much vile and provable corruption in Manchin's life and his families life that we could not fit it all into one video. So this is just Part 1."
EXPLOSIVE NEW VIDEO! #JoeManchinSenatorForSale\n\n@Sen_JoeManchin is blocking Joe Biden's agenda.\n\nWe found so much vile and provable corruption in Manchin's life and his families life that we could not fit it all into one video. So this is just Part 1.\n\n**RETWEET THIS EVERYWHERE**pic.twitter.com/vzRH137MOH— Don Winslow (@Don Winslow) 1634590797
After blasting the senator, Winslow granted the media rights to circulate the clip. He tweeted, "To Whom it may concern: This tweet expressly grants all media outlets and journalists across the United States the unrestricted right to broadcast or otherwise distribute this video in whole or in part for free. Signed, Don Winslow/Don Winslow Films."
To Whom it may concern:\n\nThis tweet expressly grants all media outlets and journalists across the United States the unrestricted right to broadcast or otherwise distribute this video in whole or in part for free.\n\nSigned,\nDon Winslow/Don Winslow Filmspic.twitter.com/vzRH137MOH— Don Winslow (@Don Winslow) 1634640304
The latest video comes as a progressive coalition also released a campaign video targeting Manchin and calling him out for blocking Biden's agenda. In the video, Ryan Frankenberry, state director at WV Working Families Party, challenged Manchin to move forward on the popular proposals.
"We've been phone-banking for six months now, having West Virginians connect with Joe Manchin," said Frankenberry. "We think that right now this is the critical moment where they're going to come some kind of agreement, we hope. And we want to push Joe Manchin … to go big and bold and to deliver for West Virginia."
- Joe Manchin is not a 'mystery' — he's the same old centrist he's ... ›
- Joe Manchin fumes after Bernie Sanders op-wd in West Virginia ... ›
- Joe Manchin is lying through his teeth on climate denial - Alternet.org ›
- Manchin plotting exit strategy from Democratic Party if he doesn't get his way on infrastructure deal: report - Alternet.org ›
- 'B — U — L — L. Capital B': Joe Manchin denies report he plans to sever ties with the Democratic Party - Alternet.org ›
- 'Inexcusable': Manchin leads charge against Biden’s pro-union electric vehicle tax credit - Alternet.org ›
- 'Acting like Republicans': Sanders rips Manchin and Sinema for betraying US families - Alternet.org ›
- 'What he did is unbelievable': How Joe Manchin betrayed America’s working families - Alternet.org ›