Former federal prosecutor: Marjorie Taylor Greene’s threat against telecom companies is 'pure corrupt thuggery'
U.S. Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) made an astonishing threat against telecommunication companies Tuesday night, warning them to not comply with the House January 6 Committee's request to preserve the records of some members of the "Sedition Caucus," and others associated with the "Stop the Steal" Rally.
"These telecommunications companies, if they go along with this, they will be shut down," Greene told Fox News personality Tucker Carlson. "And that's a promise."
Green reportedly is among those included in the Committee's request.
Greene: These telecommunication companies, if they go along with this, they will be shut down. That\u2019s a promisepic.twitter.com/YtLmZa8IPi— Acyn (@Acyn) 1630457037
The U.S. House Select Committee on the January 6 Attack sent letters to 35 companies, detailing what records they want preserved, but did not state whose records they want.
According to CNN, the list currently includes Greene, along with includes Republican Reps. Lauren Boebert of Colorado, Jim Jordan of Ohio, Andy Biggs of Arizona, Paul Gosar also of Arizona, Mo Brooks of Alabama, Madison Cawthorn of North Carolina, Matt Gaetz of Florida, Louie Gohmert of Texas, Jody Hice of Georgia and Scott Perry of Pennsylvania.
Former federal prosecutor Ken White, now a criminal defense, white collar crime, and First Amendment litigation attorney calls Greene's threat "pure corrupt thuggery."
Once again: if Congress is making demands for documents illegally, or privacy rights are being violated, you can sue to stop it. Saying \u201cdo it and we\u2019ll retaliate with punitive legislation\u201d is pure corrupt thuggery.https://twitter.com/acyn/status/1432866784432979969\u00a0\u2026— OneHitPopehat (@OneHitPopehat) 1630457949
- Marjorie Taylor Greene's press conference devolves into chaos ... ›
- 'Get the hell out of our great country': Marjorie Taylor Greene claims ... ›
- Marjorie Taylor Greene suggests Republicans use their 'Second ... ›
- Man accused of threatening to kill Matt Gaetz is arrested: report - Alternet.org ›
- The seedy crimes of the obscenely rich are routinely ignored - Alternet.org ›
- Sedition caucus wants to strip committee assignments from 13 Republicans because they voted for infrastructure - Alternet.org ›