New report reveals Kevin McCarthy's records are being targeted by the Jan. 6 committee
House Republican Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy's name is on the records preservation request list the House January 6 Committee has sent telecom companies.
McCarthy exploded in anger when news was first reported this week that the House Select Committee on the January 6 Attack had asked the 35 companies to preserve records, which might also include location information.
CNN reports it "has received information that McCarthy's name was, in fact, included along with several other lawmakers and hundreds of other individuals."
The Republican Minority Leader's remarks were so outrageous some legal experts suggested they could be seen as amounting to obstruction.
- McCarthy's threat over Jan. 6 records 'meets the elements' of ... ›
- Kevin McCarthy gets caught off guard when asked if he'll testify ... ›
- Former federal prosecutor says Kevin McCarthy's 'threatening ... ›
- Prosecution of Kevin McCarthy 'increasingly plausible' after bombshell new report: former federal prosecutor - Alternet.org ›
- McCarthy on Jan. 6 committee’s list sent to telecoms: report - Alternet.org ›
- Kevin McCarthy slapped down hard by House insurrection committee over bogus claim about Trump - Alternet.org ›