Supreme Court attack on Roe reignites demand to 'kill the filibuster'
Sen. Chuck Schumer of New York during a 2016 hearing, Wikimedia CommonsSeptember 03, 2021Push Notification
House Republican Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy's name is on the records preservation request list the House January 6 Committee has sent telecom companies.
McCarthy exploded in anger when news was first reported this week that the House Select Committee on the January 6 Attack had asked the 35 companies to preserve records, which might also include location information.
CNN reports it "has received information that McCarthy's name was, in fact, included along with several other lawmakers and hundreds of other individuals."
The Republican Minority Leader's remarks were so outrageous some legal experts suggested they could be seen as amounting to obstruction.
From Your Site Articles
- Kevin McCarthy gets caught off guard when asked if he'll testify ... ›
- New report reveals Kevin McCarthy's records are being targeted by ... ›
- Former federal prosecutor says Kevin McCarthy's 'threatening ... ›
- Trump Tower put on debt 'watch list' after occupancy plunged this year: report - Alternet.org ›
Related Articles Around the Web
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Eliminating fillibuster is deceitful ›
- What's the Senate filibuster and why change it? - Chicago Tribune ›
- Schumer says Democrats will filibuster Trump SCOTUS nominee ... ›
- What federal law is Kevin McCarthy citing when he threatens ... ›
- Kevin McCarthy among GOP lawmakers whose phone records 1/6 ... ›
- House Republican Leader | Congressman Kevin McCarthy ›