Here's the bizarre way Texas AG Ken Paxton commemorated 9/11 anniversary
image via Screengrab.September 12, 2021Bank
Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton raised eyebrows on Saturday after honoring 9/11 by posting a bizarre picture imaging the scene inside the World Trade Center just before it was struck.
The photo shows three men in an office, drinking from red Solo cups before the early morning attack.
"Our enemies turned planes into missiles & used them to strike at the heart of American Democracy," Paxton wrote.
20 yrs ago today our country was attacked. Our enemies turned planes into missiles & used them to strike at the heart of American Democracy. We must #neverforget the almost 3000 Americans that perished. Please spend a few moments today remembering & praying for the families. #911pic.twitter.com/hCxUYfmZm2— Attorney General Ken Paxton (@Attorney General Ken Paxton) 1631358421
As Twitter user Ian Livingston noted, former MTV "Teen Mom 2" star Jenelle Evans had generated controversy when she posted the same image a year earlier.
"'AWFUL' Teen Mom Jenelle Evans slammed for posting 'tone deaf' and 'horrible' photo of plane to commemorate 9/11," was the headline used by the U.S. Sun.
And sure enough, Paxton was also dragged.
AFAIK, the WTC was not the \u201cheart of American democracy\u201d\n\nBut I def understand you wanting to confuse people what striking at the heart of American democracy would look like— DL 138 (@DL 138) 1631392109
From Your Site Articles
- Texas AG spent another 22,000 hours hunting for 'election fraud ... ›
- Texas AG Ken Paxton backs away from Trump's fraud claims to keep ... ›
- Texas AG Ken Paxton serves up incoherent attack on Merrick ... ›
- FBI releases first declassified 9/11 document following Biden executive order - Alternet.org ›
- Texas AG Ken Paxton sues Biden admin over LGBTQ policies - Alternet.org ›
- Ken Paxton still hasn’t disclosed donors who fueled most of his $2.8 million campaign haul - Alternet.org ›
Related Articles Around the Web