‘What would you have him do?’: Jen Psaki shoots down Peter Doocy's push for Biden to visit the border
Peter Doocy stepped up for his daily smack down from White House press secretary Jen Psaki Friday afternoon when the Fox News correspondent asked why President Joe Biden hasn't traveled to the southern border.
Psaki, usually patient with the attention-seeking Doocy, has increasingly grown tired of his attempts to misframe national issues.
"Why hasn't President Biden ever visited the southern border?" Doocy asked.
"What would you like him to do at the southern border and what impact do you think that would have on the policies?" Psaki shot back without missing a beat.
"Why doesn't he want to go?" Doocy asked.
"I don't think it's an issue of wanting to go, I think it's an issue of what's most constructive to address what we see as a challenging situation at the border and a broken immigration system," Psaki explained. "And his view is the most constructive role we can play is by helping to push immigration reform forward, helping reform the broken policies of the last several years, and listening to his team of advisors who have been to the border multiple times about what the path forward should look like."
Doocy: Why hasn\u2019t President Biden ever visited the southern border?\nPsaki: What would you like him to do at the southern border and what impact do you think that would have on the policies?pic.twitter.com/D9Yt9UYHzq— Acyn (@Acyn) 1632512286
- A Texas Republican said Border Patrol agents seen abusing Haitian ... ›
- 'Let me explain to you again': Jen Psaki shows frustration as she ... ›
- 'You think pregnant women are posing a big threat?' Jen Psaki hits ... ›
- Trump supporters hurl profanities at Joe Biden as he meets with young kids: report - Alternet.org ›
- National GOP proxy war breaks out in crowded primary to succeed retiring Texas Republican - Alternet.org ›