Jan. 6 Committee issues new round of subpoenas targeting ‘Stop the Steal’ organizers
The House Select Committee on the January 6 Attack has just issued its second round of subpoenas, this time targeting organizers of the "Stop the Steal" rally and those close to them and the Trump White House.
Eleven subpoenas were issued to several individuals associated with Women for America First (WFAF), the group that organized the Jan. 6 rally during which Trump incited the insurrection.
Included in those eleven subpoenas reportedly is Katrina Pierson, who served as a national spokesperson for the Trump 2016 campaign and was a liaison between Women for America First and the Trump White House, according to MSNBC.
"The requests show the committee has a particular interest in seeking what coordination the group may have had with the White House in its planning and as part of the larger Stop the Steal movement," CNN reports.
Forbes' Andrew Solender has the list:
NEW: Jan. 6 select committee announces subpoenas for nearly a dozen organizers of pro-Trump rallies on Jan. 5 & 6, including former Trump campaign official Katrina Pierson.pic.twitter.com/tAt7sG92Fw— Andrew Solender (@Andrew Solender) 1632953913
Last week the committee issued its first round of subpoenas, to Trump loyalists including former Trump campaign CEO and former White House Chief Strategist and Senior Counselor Steve Bannon; former Trump White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows; former Pentagon official and longtime House Intelligence Committee aide Kash Patel; and former Trump social media director, former White House Deputy Chief of Staff for Communications, and longtime employee Dan Scavino.
- 'We'll look at everything': Jan. 6 House committee to subpoena ... ›
- Republican members investigating Jan. 6 zero in on two GOP ... ›
- January 6 Select Committee subpoenas Trump Chief of Staff Mark ... ›
- These 4 Trump loyalists are on the brink of criminal referrals in Jan. 6 investigation - Alternet.org ›
- 'Doomed to fail': Legal experts slam Trump’s lawsuit against Jan. 6 committee as a pathetic PR stunt - Alternet.org ›
- CNN’s Jake Tapper stunned by Marjorie Taylor Greene's meltdown: ‘Somebody that has real issues’ - Alternet.org ›
- The Jan. 6 committee is expanding its reach - Alternet.org ›
- Jan. 6 committee unleashes a new wave of subpoenas for prominent Trump allies - Alternet.org ›
- Kayleigh McEnany and Stephen Miller among those to get hit with new subpoenas from the Jan. 6 committee - Alternet.org ›
- January 6 committee subpoenas Proud Boys and Oath Keepers - Alternet.org ›
- 'Stop the Steal' organizer tells CNN 'the buck's got to stop with Trump' when it comes to Capitol riots - Alternet.org ›