Greg Abbott blames 'crime' on poor parenting and not enough 'God'
The nation is not suffering a crime wave, as much as Republicans like Greg Abbott would like Americans to believe now that there's a Democratic president, but the Texas Governor running for re-election says he has a simple one-two-three solution to reduce crime anyway, and it has nothing to do with his actions as the elected official running the state.
"We need better parenting, greater parental involvement. We need to restore God in our communities. If we do that, we will be able to reduce crime in this region," Abbott declared Monday morning as he signed into law a bill that makes it harder to get out of jail on bail, targeting poorer Texans.
Abbott last week promised to "eliminate all rapists" in the Lone Star State when asked why he is forcing rape victims to give birth to their rapists' children.
Watch the governor ignore the very concept of separation of church and state:
Gov. Greg Abbott (R-TX) speaks before signing bail bill requiring people accused of violent crimes to put up cash to get out of jail:\n\n\u201cWe need better parenting \u2026 We need to restore God in our communities. If we do that, we will be able to reduce crime in this region.\u201dpic.twitter.com/QYyQ2lABoq— The Recount (@The Recount) 1631544392
- Greg Abbott blasted as 'Governor Mengele' for back-to-school ... ›
- 'Half-baked': Greg Abbott scorched by major Texas paper for ... ›
- Greg Abbott is not ignorant — he's a liar - Alternet.org ›
- Here's why the media is missing the violent Republican crime wave that no one is talking about - Alternet.org ›
- GOP pushes strategy to prolong the pandemic - Alternet.org ›
- Texas Gov. Greg Abbott torched for anti-vax freakout: 'BS argument' - Alternet.org ›