Jen Psaki hits back after Ron DeSantis lashed out at Biden as a 'power-hungry tyrant'
Press Secretary Jen Psaki made clear the White House is not interested in partisan name calling as it responded to Florida GOP Governor Ron DeSantis calling President Joe Biden a "power hungry tyrant."
"25% of hospitalizations in the country are in Florida," Psaki told a reporter who brought up the DeSantis remark, which came from a fundraising email.
"It is also a fact that the governor has taken steps that are counter to public health recommendations," Psaki continued. "So, we're here to state the facts. Frankly, our view is that this is too serious, deadly serious to be doing partisan name calling. That's what we're not doing here, we're focused on providing public health data information to the people of Florida, to make sure they understand what steps they should be taking, even if those are not steps taken at the top of the leadership in that state.
“This is too serious—deadly serious—to be doing partisan name-calling.” Asked by @sramosABC about Florida Gov. DeS… https://t.co/3nhoH2iOm3— ABC News Politics (@ABC News Politics) 1628186009.0
- 'Ill-thought-out': Miami Herald unleashes a critical assessment of ... ›
- Disney rejects DeSantis mask order for Florida's theme parks ... ›
- White House press secretary blasts Texas and Florida governors on ... ›
- Ron DeSantis tries to blame immigrants for his state's COVID surge — then gets debunked - Alternet.org ›
- Federal judge shoots down Ron DeSantis order barring vaccine passports on cruise ships - Alternet.org ›
- Comedian Bill Burr torches Ron DeSantis and other politicians over anti-mask mandates - Alternet.org ›
- Abbott and DeSantis playing 'game of chicken' in balance between killing their constituents and owning the libs: columnist - Alternet.org ›
- Biden extends vital lifeline to Florida schools - Alternet.org ›
- Christian reporter — who once sang in press room — claims Biden administration is persecuting him - Alternet.org ›
- 'You think pregnant women are posing a big threat?’ Jen Psaki hits back at Doocy’s claims about the border - Alternet.org ›