Jen Psaki hits back after Ron DeSantis lashed out at Biden as a 'power-hungry tyrant'
Press Secretary Jen Psaki made clear the White House is not interested in partisan name calling as it responded to Florida GOP Governor Ron DeSantis calling President Joe Biden a "power hungry tyrant."
"25% of hospitalizations in the country are in Florida," Psaki told a reporter who brought up the DeSantis remark, which came from a fundraising email.
"It is also a fact that the governor has taken steps that are counter to public health recommendations," Psaki continued. "So, we're here to state the facts. Frankly, our view is that this is too serious, deadly serious to be doing partisan name calling. That's what we're not doing here, we're focused on providing public health data information to the people of Florida, to make sure they understand what steps they should be taking, even if those are not steps taken at the top of the leadership in that state.
\u201cThis is too serious\u2014deadly serious\u2014to be doing partisan name-calling.\u201d\n\nAsked by @sramosABC about Florida Gov. DeSantis calling Pres. Biden a \u201cpower-hungry tyrant,\u201d Psaki says DeSantis has taken steps \u201cthat are counter to public health recommendations.\u201d https://abcn.ws/3lzH8th\u00a0pic.twitter.com/iq7OihqfFo— ABC News Politics (@ABC News Politics) 1628186009
- 'Ill-thought-out': Miami Herald unleashes a critical assessment of ... ›
- Disney rejects DeSantis mask order for Florida's theme parks ... ›
- White House press secretary blasts Texas and Florida governors on ... ›
- Ron DeSantis tries to blame immigrants for his state's COVID surge — then gets debunked - Alternet.org ›
- Federal judge shoots down Ron DeSantis order barring vaccine passports on cruise ships - Alternet.org ›
- Comedian Bill Burr torches Ron DeSantis and other politicians over anti-mask mandates - Alternet.org ›
- Abbott and DeSantis playing 'game of chicken' in balance between killing their constituents and owning the libs: columnist - Alternet.org ›
- Biden extends vital lifeline to Florida schools - Alternet.org ›
- Christian reporter — who once sang in press room — claims Biden administration is persecuting him - Alternet.org ›
- 'You think pregnant women are posing a big threat?’ Jen Psaki hits back at Doocy’s claims about the border - Alternet.org ›
- Jen Psaki mocks Newsmax reporter for yelling questions after briefings end - Alternet.org ›
- ‘There’s no reason to yell’: Jen Psaki shoots down right-wing reporter outraged about Hunter Biden - Alternet.org ›
- 'Let's not dumb this down': Jen Psaki clashes with Peter Doocy over cost of Dem spending plan - Alternet.org ›
- Watch: Psaki dryly says Biden ‘has no intention to lead an insurrection’ - Alternet.org ›
- Trump supporters hurl profanities at Joe Biden as he meets with young kids: report - Alternet.org ›
- Fox News host prasies Jen Psaki 'one of the best press secretaries ever' - Alternet.org ›
- Watchdog accuses Ron DeSantis of ‘blurring the lines’ with government resources and campaigning - Alternet.org ›
- ‘Trump incarnate’: Biden delivers brutal blow to Ron DeSantis for his position toward the LGBTQ community - Alternet.org ›