Buttigieg busts Fox News over uninformed question on electric cars: 'Tesla doesn't even have tailpipes'
Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg schooled Fox News host Bret Baier on electric cars over the weekend.
During an interview on Fox News Sunday, Baier asked Buttigieg why Tesla CEO Elon Musk had not been invited to a White House meeting on tailpipe emissions.
"Tesla wasn't invited to the White House event," Baier said, noting that Musk had complained in a tweet.
"Why was that?" the Fox News host asked. "Was it because Tesla is not unionized?"
"We were celebrating the other day the fact that we brought together labor leadership and the leadership of many of these employers of UAW," Buttigieg explained. "Now, what we are working on in our department and what we were announcing that day was tailpipe emissions standards."
"To their credit, an all-electric company like Tesla doesn't even have tailpipes and that's an exciting thing to see too," the secretary added.
Watch the video below from Fox News.
Pete Buttigieg shuts down Fox News over electric vehicle question
via Fox News
- Trump urged Limbaugh to 'never apologize' for anti-gay remarks ... ›
- As a gay Christian, Pete Buttigieg's visibility gives me strength ... ›
- 'So much for unity': GOP senators voting against Pete Buttigieg get ... ›
- Fox News viewership is directly tied to lower vaccination rates: study - Alternet.org ›
- Mixed messaging: Fox News asks if FDA rushed COVID vaccine approval — then asks 'what took so long?' - Alternet.org ›
- Fox News host falsely claims FDA vaccine approval came 'out of nowhere.' It’s been imminent for weeks - Alternet.org ›
- Fox News host complains vaccinated are 'otherizing' anti-vaxxers: 'Next step' is putting unvaccinated into camps' - Alternet.org ›
- Elon Musk loves Texas’ right-wing 'social policies' — at least according to Greg Abbott - Alternet.org ›