Former RNC Chair Michael Steele merrily rips into Jim Jordan's selective Jan. 6 amnesia
You'll have fun watching this—but not nearly as much fun as Michael Steele had recording it, apparently.
Steele, a former GOP state lieutenant governor and one-time head of the Republican National Committee, is now an anti-Trump apostate and member of The Lincoln Project, which exists almost solely to get under Former Guy's paper-thin skin and lay spider eggs in the shallow folds of his swiftly putrefying brain. Whatever else you want to say about him (he was the fucking Republican National Committee chair, FFS!), he drew the line at endorsing the misrule of a screaming gonorrheal yam whose appreciation for our grand American experiment is strictly limited to intermittent flag-humping episodes.
Not only does Steele have little patience for the ocher abomination, he's done listening to the baby-man's toadies as well.
Enter Ohio Rep. Jim Jordan, the jacketless jackass and problematic ex-wrestling coach who's never seen a rock too slimy for him to slither underneath.
As Daily Kos' Kerry Eleveld recounted Saturday, Jordan has been just a wee bit defensive lately when asked about the conversations he had with Donald Trump on Jan. 6, the day of the infamous Bumblefuck Putsch.
Jordan was pretty cagey in this interview with Fox News' Bret Baier ...
In a long rambling answer, Jim Jordan admits he talked to Trump on January 6th. When asked what they discussed, Jordan changes the subject to the Speaker and security posturepic.twitter.com/n6sLuudNoX— Acyn (@Acyn) 1627424408
… but things really went off the rails during this follow-up discussion with Spectrum News' Taylor Popielarz.
Wow, that's some fast talking. If meth sweats could speak, they'd be like, "Whoa, Gym. Calm the fuck down already." I mean, seriously. Does he think he's auctioning off pigs at the Ohio State Fair?
Needless to say, there was plenty to mock here, and Steele—with a Mike's Hard Lemonade in hand (yes, really)—was up to the task, appearing on the Lincoln Project's Breakdown with Tara Setmayer.
.@Jim_Jordan claims he doesn't remember if he spoke to Trump on January 6th. @MichaelSteele doesn\u2019t buy it.\n\nICYMI: http://bit.ly/3rFKfRg\u00a0pic.twitter.com/fHxUvG50Ke— The Lincoln Project (@The Lincoln Project) 1627683380
STEELE: "I can tell you the time, the place, the date of every conversation I've ever had with every president of this country, period, going back to Bill Clinton. I can tell you where I was. I can tell you what was said. This son of a bitch is sitting up there acting like, 'Well, I don't know if it was before, I don't know if it was after. Oh, lordy Jesus, I don't remember. I gotta look at my notes.'
You know, bitch, what time you called the president, and you know what you said. You're a grown-ass man. Stop acting like you're 10 years old and you got caught masturbating by your mama. Stop that."
And here's the full Steele interview, complete with boozy drinks—and a lengthy comparison of Donald Trump and Steele's bottle of Mike's. The discussion of Jordan's stammering starts at about an hour and 12 minutes in.
That was fun, though using gendered slurs is never okay, even when mocking a yawning asshole like Jordan.
Jim Jordan appears to have a perpetual case of amnesia—at least with respect to things he wants to hide. And (allegedly) supporting an active insurrection just happens to be one of those things.
Jordan may be in some legal hot water over what some see as his likely role in the Jan. 6 Capitol riots. And he may at least want to throw on a lifejacket if nothing else, because what is now a trickle could become a deluge before he knows it—particularly if his weird, cagey answers are any indication of his culpability.
- Republican National Committee obscured how much it pays its chief ... ›
- Georgia's 'Jim Crow' voting bill will blow up in Republicans' faces ... ›
- Former RNC chairman explains why he's staying in the GOP even ... ›
- History provides a roadmap for forcing Jim Jordan to answer questions about the Jan 6th insurrection: columnist - Alternet.org ›
- New report exposes more details Jim Jordan held back about Trump on Jan. 6 — and ropes in Matt Gaetz too - Alternet.org ›
- Jim Jordan spoke with Trump more than once on Jan. 6 — urged him to call off the dogs: report - Alternet.org ›
- Flustered Jim Jordan just can’t seem to remember when or how often he talked to Trump on Jan. 6 - Alternet.org ›
- 'This is not normal': Some Republicans are fuming over RNC payments to law firm that represented Trump - Alternet.org ›
- 'Demonstrably false': GOP officials for Arizona’s largest county refute all of Trump’s claims of voter fraud - Alternet.org ›
- Watch: Former RNC chair torches Trump amid accusations that he destroyed presidential documents - Alternet.org ›
- Former RNC chair hits GOP with brutal reality check about Trump - Alternet.org ›