Gov. Abbott takes aggressive step to close a loophole in his vaccine mandate ban
Gov. Greg Abbott of Texas screenshotAugust 26, 2021Bank
Texas' Republican Governor Greg Abbott, still recovering from contracting COVID-19 and still in a tight re-election campaign on Wednesday changed his executive order banning coronavirus vaccine mandates to include those that have received FDA approval.
Abbott, who was asymptomatic when he bragged he was getting coronavirus treatment ordinarily reserved only for those with symptoms, had initially banned coronavirus vaccine mandates in his state citing the experimental nature of the vaccine.
At 46.4% Texas' vaccination rate appears to have plateaued, and is well-below the nation's average of 52.2%.
"At least 89 Texas hospitals were out of ICU beds last week, according to the latest federal data," the Texas Tribune reported on Monday.
I issued an Executive Order maintaining the prohibition of vaccine mandates.\n\nAdditionally, I've added the issue of vaccine mandates to the Special Session agenda.\n\n#txlege involvement is important to avoid a patchwork of vaccine mandates across Texas.\n\nhttp://bit.ly/TXMandates\u00a0pic.twitter.com/C7BtyN7bRx— Greg Abbott (@Greg Abbott) 1629921688
From Your Site Articles
- Gov. Abbott pleads with doctors to postpone elective surgeries after ... ›
- Texas Gov. Abbott tests positive for COVID after speaking to a ... ›
- Judge overrules Texas Gov. Abbott and issues a mask mandate in ... ›
- 'Worse than nothing': Texas Gov. Abbott under fire after his baffling ... ›
- Texas Gov. Abbott updates executive order banning COVID vaccine mandates to include those with FDA approval - Alternet.org ›
- Hurricane Ida deemed a 'poster child' for climate disaster as storm slams Louisiana - Alternet.org ›
- Biden had the perfect response to GOP governors calling vaccine mandates 'tyranny' - Alternet.org ›
Related Articles Around the Web