Texas Gov. Abbott tests positive for COVID after speaking to a packed house
Governor Greg Abbott announced Tuesday he has tested positive for COVID-19, the potentially deadly disease caused by the novel coronavirus. The Texas Republican has steadfastly refused to lift his anti-science ban on mask and vaccine mandates.
Texas is among the worst states for coronavirus currently, with an extremely high caseload and low vaccination rate.
Abbott reportedly has been vaccinated, and his office says he is tested daily.
Gov. Greg Abbott (R-TX) announces he has tested positive for COVID: “The governor will isolate in the Governor’s M… https://t.co/MfBe5FIKbY— The Recount (@The Recount) 1629233933.0
Gov. Abbott spoke to a packed house Monday night of about 600 people, where few wore masks and social distancing was non-existent.
Another standing room only event in Collin County tonight. Thank y’all for the enthusiastic reception. Let's kee… https://t.co/DrPAYaZoCG— Greg Abbott (@Greg Abbott) 1629163799.0
- DeSantis and Abbott are responsible for at least 4,700 unnecessary ... ›
- Texas Gov. faces backlash after blaming Biden admin for COVID ... ›
- AG Garland blasts Texas Gov. Abbott's 'dangerous and unlawful ... ›
- 'Anxious and scared': ICU doctor lifts the veil on Texas Gov. Abbott's reaction after learning he contracted COVID - Alternet.org ›
- Gov. Abbott takes aggressive step to close a loophole in his vaccine mandate ban - Alternet.org ›