'The Unforgiven': New indictment charges 16 in a white supremacist gang of murder and kidnapping
In the United States, the threat of White supremacist violence not only comes from national organizations like the Ku Klux Klan and the Aryan Nations, but also, from local groups. In Florida, according to NBC News reporter Tom Winter, 16 members of a White supremacist gang called The Unforgiven are facing a federal "12-count racketeering indictment accusing them of engaging in acts of murder, kidnapping and other offenses."
One of the Unforgiven members named in the indictment, Winter reports, is 39-year-old David Howell, who is accused of assaulting protesters at a demonstration in June that was billed as the "Peace Walk for Black Lives." Other members in the indictment include Joshua "Chain Gang" Wilson, George "Shrek" Andrews and Brandon "Scumbag" Welch.
Route 21 is the name of The Unforgiven's political branch.
Michael Curzio, an Unforgiven member, was given a six-month prison sentence earlier this week for taking part in the January 6 assault on the U.S. Capitol Building. But according to Winter, Curzio is expected to be released from jail soon because he was given credit for the months he has spent in jail since his arrest on January 14.
Winter, describing The Unforgiven's practices, notes, "The group required its members to study 'Aryan philosophy' and carry out acts of extreme violence to gain entry into the gang, the indictment says. They were also required to get tattoos — which included swastikas, iron crosses and SS bolts — pay dues and attend regular meetings known as 'Church,' the court papers say."
The Anti-Defamation League considers The Unforgiven a prison gang, although it doesn't have a nationwide, coast-to-coast presence in U.S. prisons like the notorious Aryan Brotherhood.
- Tucker Carlson's lie Biden called white Republican men 'more ... ›
- This US Marine bragged about planning white supremacist terror ... ›
- WATCH: Onlookers chase white supremacists marching in front of ... ›
- The GOP cements their legacy as the white supremacist party with ... ›
- 'They're extremely sophisticated': Why DHS officials think white ... ›
- Parler brings together mainstream conservatives and white ... ›
- New indictment could open 'Pandora's box' for other Trump allies — including Ivanka: CNN analyst - Alternet.org ›
- U.S. lays out plan to confront white supremacist violence | Reuters ›
- Definition of White Supremacist by Merriam-Webster ›
- How White Supremacy Returned to Mainstream Politics - Center for ... ›
- White supremacists who stormed US Capitol are only the most ... ›
- Donald Trump's Social Media Ties to White Supremacists | Fortune ›
- White Supremacists, Russia Pose Top Threats, Homeland Security ... ›