Frantic Trump threatens GOP senators against giving Biden an infrastructure win
Former President Donald Trump on Wednesday night delivered a frantic statement demanding that Senate Republicans vote against the bipartisan infrastructure deal.
"Hard to believe our Senate Republicans are dealing with the Radical Left Democrats in making a so-called bipartisan bill on 'infrastructure,' with our negotiators headed up by SUPER RINO Mitt Romney," Trump began.
Trump then fumed that the bill would give Biden a "win" he could tout in 2022, and also predicted that the infrastructure bill "will be a continued destruction of our Country."
Trump finished off his statement by threatening any Republican who votes for the bill.
"Don't do it Republicans -- Patriots will never forget!" Trump concluded. "If this deal happens, lots of primaries will be coming your way!"
Trump frequently vowed to rebuild America's infrastructure during his four years in office, but he never got anywhere close to a deal that could pass Congress.
Read the full statement below.
Trump threatens Senate Republicans on infrastructure: “If this deal happens, lots of primaries will be coming your… https://t.co/jZUINB6QCr— Andrew Solender (@Andrew Solender) 1627509354.0
- Paul Krugman explains why Trump's biggest policy win was a ... ›
- Critics laugh at GOP's boastful tweets about Trump's ... ›
- Another infrastructure week begins with excuses from Republicans ... ›
- Republicans are making an unprecedented, risky bet — but almost no one is acknowledging it - Alternet.org ›
- 'A disgrace': Trump takes aim at McConnell over infrastructure package - Alternet.org ›
- 'Governor who?' Democrats continue to marginalize a radicalized GOP - Alternet.org ›
- Progressives demand more for climate action and healthcare as infrastructure bill clears key Senate hurdle - Alternet.org ›
- Trump is lashing out as his plan to torpedo Biden's bipartisan bill goes down in flames - Alternet.org ›
- The ominous reason why Republican caved on Biden's infrastructure bill - Alternet.org ›
- Meet the 9 Democratic House reps who continue to threaten President Biden's infrastructure agenda - Alternet.org ›
- CNBC host slammed for ‘softball’ Kevin McCarthy interview: ‘Feels like I’m watching Fox News’ - Alternet.org ›
- DC insider: Republicans demanding Biden's resignation are 'terrorist sympathizers' - Alternet.org ›