Marjorie Taylor Greene's press conference devolves into chaos — and an aide angrily blames 'the left'
During their summer fundraising tour, Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia and Rep. Matt Gaetz of Florida have mostly preached to audiences that were receptive to the Republicans' far-right message. But Greene got more than she bargained for when, during an outdoor press conference in Washington, D.C. on Tuesday, she was greeted by loud protesters — and the event was abruptly ended.
Some of the protesters expressed their opposition to Greene and Gaetz by loudly blowing whistles, inspiring a frustrated Greene to say, "To the guy that's blowing the whistle, we are not deterred…. We will not back down."
Reps. Gaetz and Greene get run out of their own presser at the DOJ. https://t.co/Jc3BTbUO05— Zachary Petrizzo (@Zachary Petrizzo) 1627405867.0
But despite this promise, Greene's speech was cut short. And an aide angrily declared, "The left is interrupting the press conference. We need to end it."
An attempt to hold a press conference by Marjorie Taylor Greene and Matt Gaetz and company was just shut down by pr… https://t.co/5bgwV1fXri— Aaron Rupar (@Aaron Rupar) 1627406264.0
The press conference was held on the same day as the first hearing for House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's select committee on the January 6 insurrection. Greene has been a tireless promoter of the false and debunked claim that former President Donald Trump was robbed of a second term because of widespread voter fraud in the 2020 election.
- Matt Gaetz and Marjorie Taylor Greene's fascism tour gets kicked out ... ›
- The real reason McConnell and McCarthy rebuked Marjorie Taylor ... ›
- Report finds Marjorie Taylor Greene and Matt Gaetz's new ... ›
- 'We can't live forever': Marjorie Taylor Greene gives bizarre argument against Covid vaccine approval - Alternet.org ›
- Former federal prosecutor: Marjorie Taylor Greene’s threat against telecom companies is 'pure corrupt thuggery' - Alternet.org ›
- Marjorie Taylor Greene gets hit with a $2,500 fine from the Office of the Sergeant at Arms - Alternet.org ›
- 'Stop this insanity': Marjorie Taylor Greene has a meltdown because her colleagues won't impeach Biden - Alternet.org ›