'Let me finish': Jen Psaki smacks down Fox News' 'loaded and inaccurate' claim about 'spying'
White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki was forced to take a far more assertive tone after Fox News propagandist and conspiracy theorist Peter Doocy accused the Biden administration of "spying" on millions of American's Facebook pages.
The White House this week announced that just 12 people are responsible for 65% of all the false and misleading coronavirus disinformation. The number came from a report by the Center for Countering Digital Hate, not from any efforts by the administration to "spy" on Americans.
"For how long has the administration been spying on people's Facebook profiles looking for vaccine misinformation?" Doocy asked.
"Well, that was quite a loaded and inaccurate question, which I would refute," Psaki responded. "Well Peter first of all, as you know, we're, we're in a regular touch with, with a range of media outlets, as well as – let me finish," she was forced to add after he repeatedly tried to talk over her.
"As we are, as we are in regular touch with social media platforms," Psaki continued. "This is publicly open information people sharing information online, just as you are all reporting information on your news stations."
Doocy: For how long has the administration been spying on people\u2019s Facebook profiles looking for vaccine misinformation?\nPsaki: That was quite a loaded and inaccurate questionpic.twitter.com/RB2ySmebU1— Acyn (@Acyn) 1626457515
- Jen Psaki torches Fox News' Peter Doocy: Trying to 'disprove a ... ›
- White House's Jen Psaki patiently explains to a Fox News reporter ... ›
- Jen Psaki perfectly mocks Fox News' Peter Doocy for attacking ... ›
- White House press secretary blasts Texas and Florida governors on Covid surge: 'Get out of the way' - Alternet.org ›
- 'He does not want them to live': Jen Psaki explains Biden's response to the terror attack in Kabul - Alternet.org ›
- Jen Psaki mocks Newsmax reporter for yelling questions after briefings end - Alternet.org ›
- Elizabeth Warren was right about Facebook all along - Alternet.org ›
- 'Misinformation machine': MSNBC’s Mehdi Hasan warns 'people actually die' from believing Fox News’ 'reckless' lies - Alternet.org ›
- NY Labor Dept. investigates former Fox News reporter’s gender discrimination allegations: report - Alternet.org ›
- 'Rooting Against America': Fox News Blasted for Being 'Giddy' over anticipated bad jobs report – until it was good - Alternet.org ›
- Fox News descended into utter insanity on Wednesday - Alternet.org ›
- After taking heat for praising Putin, Fox segments have gone to openly calling for his assassination - Alternet.org ›
- CBS News again under fire after its reporter asks Psaki if it’s ethical for her to continue White House briefings - Alternet.org ›
- Fox News dangerously declares war on teachers: Calls for violence, accusations of 'inclination' to pedophilia - Alternet.org ›
- Psaki schools Doocy on Masks 'I’m not a doctor, you’re not a doctor' - Alternet.org ›
- ‘Cry more’: OAN correspondent criticized for attack on ‘Psaki’s reign’ after final press briefing - Alternet.org ›