Jen Psaki perfectly mocks Fox News' Peter Doocy for attacking Texas Democrats
Fox News' Peter Doocy wasted no time upon returning to the White House Press Briefing Room Wednesday, offering his highly-partisan take on Texas Democrats working to block an extreme voter suppression bill in the Lone Star State. Press Secretary Jen Psaki served up the best possible response mocking his attack.
Doocy had asked Psaki if she knew of "any examples of his 36 years in the Senate" when now-President Joe Biden "just hopped on a train and left town to avoid a vote that he knew he was going to lose?"
Psaki, holding back a smirk, replied by saying, "Welcome back."
The other reporters in the room broke out in laughter.
"Look, I think that the President's view is that these Texas legislators were making a statement through action in opposition to efforts in their state to oppose restrictions on people's fundamental rights and their rights to vote in their state, [to] go ahead and vote."
The vast majority of Democrats in the Texas House on Monday got on a plane and flew to Washington, D.C. to try to block the House from forming a quorum in a last-ditch effort to kill Governor Greg Abbott's extreme voter suppression bill. They now face arrest after their colleagues voted to invoke an option in the House rules that allows law enforcement to literally hunt them down, capture them, and force their attendance in the House chamber.
- Jen Psaki torches Fox News' Peter Doocy: Trying to 'disprove a ... ›
- Jen Psaki delivers epic take down of Jim Jordan's gas price gripe ... ›
- Jen Psaki had a hilarious response to a right-wing reporter pushing ... ›
- 'Let me finish': Jen Psaki smacks down Fox News' 'loaded and inaccurate' claim about 'spying' - Alternet.org ›
- Jen Psaki is forced to explain Covid basics to a Fox News reporter who tries to play the blame game - Alternet.org ›
- Jen Psaki clashes with Fox News reporter who just can't seem to grasp why CDC is changing mask guidance - Alternet.org ›
- White House press secretary blasts Texas and Florida governors on Covid surge: 'Get out of the way' - Alternet.org ›
- Jen Psaki hits back at Peter Doocy question on evictions: 'Happy to have you as a partner in this effort' - Alternet.org ›
- Psaki claps back at Doocy over Biden's COVID response: Trump was 'suggesting people inject poison into their veins' - Alternet.org ›
- Jen Psaki calls Fox News' Peter Doocy 'irresponsible' for saying Americans are 'stranded' in Afghanistan - Alternet.org ›
- ‘Let me explain to you’: Jen Psaki clashes with Peter Doocy over the administration’s Afghanistan airlift - Alternet.org ›
- Christian reporter — who once sang in press room — claims Biden administration is persecuting him - Alternet.org ›
- 'You think pregnant women are posing a big threat?’ Jen Psaki hits back at Doocy’s claims about the border - Alternet.org ›
- Jen Psaki mocks Newsmax reporter for yelling questions after briefings end - Alternet.org ›
- ‘There’s no reason to yell’: Jen Psaki shoots down right-wing reporter outraged about Hunter Biden - Alternet.org ›
- 'Let's not dumb this down': Jen Psaki clashes with Peter Doocy over cost of Dem spending plan - Alternet.org ›
- 'Let me unravel this': Psaki corners Doocy over false claim DOJ called parents 'domestic terrorists' - Alternet.org ›
- Jen Psaki schools Pete Doocy on popularity of president and his agenda - Alternet.org ›
- Americans asks if Fox News’ Peter Doocy is a 'deep state' actor or a 'plant' to make Jen Psaki 'look good' - Alternet.org ›
- Jen Psaki renders Fox News' Pete Doocy 'speechless' when she responds to his attacks on vaccine mandates - Alternet.org ›
- Biden mocks Fox News’ Peter Doocy for 'garbage' reporting - Alternet.org ›
- Psaki corrects Doocy’s crime claim: 'I think we should be responsible in reporting to the public' - Alternet.org ›
- POTUS shuts down Fox News reporter for questioning importance of backing Ukraine - Alternet.org ›
- Psaki invokes Roy Moore to smack down Josh Hawley over attacks on SCOTUS nominee - Alternet.org ›
- Corporate media accused of 'cheerleading' US escalation in Ukraine - Alternet.org ›
- Jen Psaki torpedoes Fox News reporter's 'ludicrous' question about Florida's 'Don't Say Gay' law - Alternet.org ›
- Some landlords got a piece of Texas’ $2 billion in rent relief money — and evicted their struggling tenants anyway - Alternet.org ›
- 'That's not an accurate take': Peter Doocy ripped by White House’s John Kirby - Alternet.org ›
- 'Anything else?' Watch Karine Jean-Pierre smoothly slam Peter Doocy - Alternet.org ›