Fox News hosts mull how to ban 'childless' liberals from voting
Fox News hosts on Sunday promoted the idea that "childless" Americans should not be allowed to participate in society by voting.
The idea was recently floated by Ohio Republican Senate candidate J.D. Vance.
"Let's give votes to all children in this country, but let's give control over those votes to the parents of the children," Vance told a conference on the Future of American Political Economy.
The hosts of Fox & Friends discussed the merits of the idea that the "childless left" should not be able to vote.
"I think it's an interesting idea," host Will Cain said. "I'm into interesting ideas. Let's think about it. Let's talk about it. He's saying childless leaders are making decisions that are short-term in mind, not focused on the long-term future health of this country because they don't have a stake in the game. Parents have a stake in the game, they have children so give parents a bigger say."
Co-host Pete Hegseth pointed out that fellow co-host Rachel Campos-Duffy would get nine votes because she has nine children.
"I don't know about that solution, that seems not feasible," Campos-Duffy said. "But I will say that I agree with the premise of it, that it is absolutely true that people like [Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez], Pete Buttigieg -- you can name the left-wing politicians, people who think that we should legalize marijuana because they don't have kids and they don't really have a stake in what that looks like."
"I agree with him 100% that they don't have a stake in the game," she continued.
"That is looking at it through the lens of the actual solution, which is the family unit," co-host Pete Hegseth agreed. "So many ills that we have in our society stem from that breakdown. I agree with you. [It's] not a feasible policy but what it is in principle is a reflection of the fact that -- what Ronald Reagan said, freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction."
"And if you're Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez -- our favorite comrade -- and you've said the world is going to end in 12 years, what do you care?" he added. "It's this idea of absolute pessimism that the world's going to end and as a result, we're the problem and don't have kids."
According to Hegseth, a large family is "a reflection of optimism."
"Do you want to pass AOC's America off to America or J.D. Vance's?" Campos-Duffy asked. "American Marxists want to tear down the American family."
Watch the video below from Fox News.
- Rep. Matt Gaetz is trying to take Fox News' Tucker Carlson down ... ›
- Fox News was forced to make a damning admission in a Tucker ... ›
- 'Don't Jesse!': Fox News panel tries to shut down one host when she ... ›
- 'Truly sociopathic': Fox News hosts slammed for mocking testimony from Capitol Police officers - Alternet.org ›
- Paul Krugman: GOP 'family values' rhetoric is as 'intellectually bankrupt' now as it was in 1992 - Alternet.org ›
- 'Massive hypocrites': Fox News pudnit called out after he cheers on a restaurant banning Biden voters - Alternet.org ›
- Fox News host storms out of restaurant after he's asked for photo ID with his vaccine card - Alternet.org ›
- Fox News host suggests Native Americans have a history of 'alcoholism' and 'government dependency' - Alternet.org ›
- Tucker Carlson widely panned as homophobic for remark about Pete Buttigieg's parental leave - Alternet.org ›
- Former Reagan White House staffer defends Pete Buttigieg against MAGA Republicans: 'The vilest form of masculinity' - Alternet.org ›
- Watch: Fox News host got way more than he bargained for when he defended Trump’s support of Putin - Alternet.org ›