Conservative pundit slams Tucker Carlson as a 'pampered man-child trust fund baby'
Far-right Fox News pundit Tucker Carlson had a major hissyfit on Thursday night, June 24 in response to Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Mark Milley's comments during a hearing on Capitol Hill. Gen. Milley told Rep. Matt Gaetz of Florida that the history of racism is something that should be studied, inspiring Carlson to say that Milley is "not just a pig — he's stupid." And the following night, when Never Trump conservative Charlie Sykes appeared on MSNBC's "The 11th Hour," he slammed Carlson's anti-Milley diatribe without hesitation.
Sykes told "11th Hour" host Brian Williams and fellow guest Bill Kristol (another Never Trump conservative), "Think about this: You have this pampered man-child trust fund baby calling a decorated veteran a pig and stupid. And you would think that people would step back and say, 'OK, I'm sorry. You can disagree with the man, but we are a party and a movement that has always prided ourselves on respect for the military, respect for what he's accomplished.' Those stripes on his sleeve are not, you know, Venmo accounts. Those stripes on the sleeve are, you know, places that he has served his country.'"
Carlson definitely comes from a background of privilege. His full name is Tucker Swanson McNear Carlson, and his stepmother is an heiress to Swanson Foods. Carlson's father is a former U.S. ambassador.
Sykes not only lambasted Carlson for his attack on Milley — he also pointed the finger at Republicans who are afraid to call him out. Carlson gets some of Fox News' highest ratings, and he is incredibly popular in Trumpworld. Former President Donald Trump watches Carlson's show religiously.
Sykes told Williams and Kristol, "The ongoing silence from other Republicans, the ongoing silence from other folks at Fox News — I guess part of it is… it's the stupidity of it. It's the crudity of it. It's the lack of patriotism."
- Fox News' Tucker Carlson horrifies viewers with a message ... ›
- Tucker Carlson slammed after calling top US general 'stupid' and 'a ... ›
- 'He is white rage' CNN's Brianna Keilar trolls Tucker Carlson's ... ›
- Alarming survey finds American conservatives 'uniquely inclined' toward authoritarianism - Alternet.org ›
- Tucker Carlson sounds increasingly frantic as Fox News refuses to corroborate his claim about the NSA - Alternet.org ›
- 'If I was going to do a coup': Trump faces ridicule after lashing out in a baffling statement - Alternet.org ›