Trump throws fit at 'rude, nasty, and totally biased' New York prosecutors as Trump Org indictment looms
On Monday, ahead of reports that the Trump Organization and possibly some of its high ranking executives could be indicted as part of an investigation by Manhattan prosecutors into the business' tax and financial practices, former President Donald Trump issued a furious statement laying into the prosecutors.
"Radical Left New York City and State Prosecutors, who have let murderers, rapists, drug dealers, and all other forms of crime skyrocket to record levels, and who have just announced that they will be releasing hundreds of people involved in violent crime back onto the streets without retribution of any kind, are rude, nasty, and totally biased in the way they are treating lawyers, representatives, and some of the wonderful long-term employees and people within the Trump Organization," wrote Trump.
He continued that the "Witch Hunters" are "relentlessly seeking to destroy a reputation of a President who has done a great job for this Country, including tax and regulation cuts, Border control, rebuilding the Military, and developing the vaccine in record time—thereby saving our Country, and far beyond," and that "They are a disgrace to our Nation!"
There is currently no indication that Trump himself, or members of his family, are among those who will be indicted initially.
- 'This is different': Legal analyst says 'all signals are toward ... ›
- Local Florida officials prepare for a potential Trump indictment — but ... ›
- NYT reporter explains Trump's plan to 'tar' the New York ... ›
- Trump Organization and its CFO have been criminally indicted by a grand jury: reports - Alternet.org ›
- 'A scheme to defraud': Legal experts say massive indictment of the Trump Org is 'not a close case' if true - Alternet.org ›
- 'This is very bad news for the Trump Organization': MSNBC host breaks down the huge 15-count indictment - Alternet.org ›
- 'Juries hate rich tax cheats': Legal experts say Trump Org did 'exactly what corporations are not supposed to do' - Alternet.org ›
- Eric Trump gets pilloried after giving away the game about the Trump Org indictment on live TV - Alternet.org ›