'Been hitting the pipe a little too hard': Mike Pompeo mercilessly mocked for illegal drug pun rebrand
2024 GOP likely presidential hopeful Mike Pompeo, the Trump-era Secretary of State, has resurrected his old leadership political action committee, CAVPAC, and drawn attention to himself with what many see as a bad illegal drug pun.
The unfortunate tweet includes the word "pipehitter," and Pompeo's made-up definition: "someone who is unapologetically American, someone who fights for our future, someone who never gives an inch, someone who is dedicated to stand against the radical Left's agenda."
Calling all unapologetic Americans to join me and become a Pipehitter. https://t.co/KO15jutDPi— Mike Pompeo (@Mike Pompeo) 1623774080.0
Be a Pipehitter. Join the @cav_pac Cavalry. https://t.co/whNqRghc9k— Mike Pompeo (@Mike Pompeo) 1623771863.0
The new "pipehitter" theme signals Pompeo distancing himself from his former boss. He had tried to position himself as the logical successor to the "America First" movement, but for reasons unspecified Pompeo is now hewing to a different brand, one that is decidedly more "Pompeo."
While the new branding may have passed a Madison Avenue test, it did not pass the Twitter test.
@KyleKulinski Love too be a pipehitter https://t.co/cCVa6wtqib— 📡 Halstead ➡️ Immunized Hyena 💉 (@📡 Halstead ➡️ Immunized Hyena 💉) 1623786105.0
Were... were you high when you tweeted this? https://t.co/QCdxpOFqBm— Daniel W. Drezner (@Daniel W. Drezner) 1623786671.0
Am I the only person thinking PULP FICTION right now? https://t.co/7gufHcixjk— Joel Mathis (@Joel Mathis) 1623785779.0
tell me you have no gay friends without telling me you have no gay friends https://t.co/4w3FpRam2V— Scott Bixby (@Scott Bixby) 1623786153.0
@NerdPyle @mikepompeo Yeah, I think Mike has been hitting the pipe a little too hard. https://t.co/H1lMAmn2GB— Citizen D (@Citizen D) 1623785259.0
@mikepompeo You guys on the right have definitely been hitting the pipe but it doesn't match your definition.— Dad Jokes Panda (@Dad Jokes Panda) 1623782565.0
@mikepompeo honestly, "pipehitter" seems like a joke which your 20-something interns were making and you walked in… https://t.co/An0Y3Hmt8B— Pé (@Pé) 1623785919.0
@mikepompeo My college roommate hit his pipe too often and that's why he dropped out 🌬— James Carli 🇺🇳 (@James Carli 🇺🇳) 1623774369.0
@mikepompeo No thanks. I love being "Radical Left" Heres what that means Mike: I have empathy, a soul, I love every… https://t.co/2g1NH5qfWj— BonBonsays...AMERICA IS BACK💙🇺🇸💙JOE/KAMALA (@BonBonsays...AMERICA IS BACK💙🇺🇸💙JOE/KAMALA) 1623776189.0
@mikepompeo Fascism A political philosophy, movement, or regime that exalts nation and often race above the individ… https://t.co/QiRB6Wcerm— Anne McCarthy (@Anne McCarthy) 1623785448.0
@waitmanb @mikejason73 I remember when being called a "pipehitter" had more to do with meth than supporting fascism… https://t.co/r1T4WvSUy0— Fully Vaccinated & Not a Cat (@Fully Vaccinated & Not a Cat) 1623777905.0
- Pence and the Apocalypse: Trump's VP and Mike Pompeo juggle ... ›
- World leaders urged to refuse to meet with Mike Pompeo after he ... ›
- Mike Pompeo's bizarre story of a woman at the CIA inspires hilarious ... ›
- Mike Pompeo's whitewashing of Trump's record backfires — hurting his 2024 chances - Alternet.org ›
- 'Pipehitters': There is nothing funny about Mike Pompeo's violent PAC recruitment ads - Alternet.org ›
- 'Do you even know history?': Pompeo mocked for claiming it's 'dangerous' to teach America's 'racist' founding - Alternet.org ›
- New report reveals the US government is investigating a $5,800 gift to Mike Pompeo - Alternet.org ›
- Mike Pompeo blames the 'fall of Afghanistan' on critical race theory - Alternet.org ›
- Pompeo cornered by Fox News' Chris Wallace: 'Do you regret giving the Taliban that legitimacy?' - Alternet.org ›
- Newly unredacted documents reveal a litany of allegations from Mike Pompeo’s time at the State Department - Alternet.org ›
- Pompeo's CIA considered kidnapping or assassinating Assange: report - Alternet.org ›