Fox News staff leaked to CNN how 'distraught' they are network keeps covering up the Jan. 6 attack
CNN host Brian Stelter told Jake Tapper on Tuesday that he had to nearly rewrite his book Hoax: Donald Trump, Fox News and the Dangerous Distortion of Truth for the paperback version because so much has happened since it was first published in hardback.
He explained that about a dozen Fox News staffers came to him privately to say that they were "distraught" over the network's downplaying of the attack on the U.S. Capitol. More recently, the liberal group Midas Touch gave Fox News just under $200,000 to run an ad with statements from Capitol and D.C. police officers about what they experienced on that day. Fox refused to run the ad, effectively canceling the police officers they purport to support.
The Fox staffers told Stelter that their network has "looked the other way and made excuses for the rioters." However, he explained, those staffers leaking aren't in the majority. "Riot denial has won out at Fox and today, the network has barely covered this new Senate report and they have stuffed this down the rabbit hole."
The moment comes as attackers of the Capitol are blaming Fox News, Donald Trump and conservative media for lying to them and leading them to attack the Capitol.
See Stelter's comments in the video below:
Fox staffers "distraught" by coverup of CApitol attack www.youtube.com
- Fox News' Tucker Carlson faces blowback after defending the ... ›
- Trump fact-checked as 'quite delusional' at rally that Fox News did ... ›
- Fox News's decision to ignore a fallen Capitol officer's ceremony ... ›
- 'Insidious and evil': Fox News host goes off on crazed rant attacking Biden child tax credit 'hike' - Alternet.org ›
- Fox News triggered after highest-ranking military officer calls out fake new culture war: 'Go after their budget' - Alternet.org ›
- Trump was distraught and said 'I can't believe it' over his CFO being taken in handcuffs: reporter - Alternet.org ›
- Republicans are caught flat-footed as Biden makes inroads on the heart of Trumpism's appeal - Alternet.org ›
- Fox News accused of refusing to air a powerful Democratic super PAC ad on Jan. 6 - Alternet.org ›