Republican speechwriter slammed for promoting alternate history to criticize critical race theory
Remember this guy? In the stream of the QAnon loving Republicans today, you'd think they have just forgotten him. He denounced Trump (far too late), and got onboard with vaccines (too soon for the Qanon conspirators). If you want to know a lot about where the Republican party is right now, take a look at the people who go to work in the Republican infrastructure. They know what the base wants, and they will say whatever it takes to continue to be relevant. Enter Ned Ryun, former Bush speechwriter, son of Kansas congressman Jim Ryun, who was defeated by Democratic candidate Nancy Boyda in a bit of an upset, and now, a ridiculous puppet for outright bonkers ideas.
I guarantee you, 100%, if Martin Luther King Jr were alive today he would be horrified by CRT and BLM and if/when h… https://t.co/uV10seevIP— Ned Ryun (@Ned Ryun) 1624801341.0
Too bad he isn't here to answer that, right Ned? Care to answer how that came about? The response to Ned's comments highlights exactly the problem.
Others join in:
This is like saying if Jefferson Davis was alive today he would be for Black Lives Matter. https://t.co/YJLFZdWLFI— Marcus H. Johnson (@Marcus H. Johnson) 1624834164.0
Even I couldn't resist a response.
Wherein Ned Ryun proposes an alternative, non-reality-based history in favor of real history to support claims agai… https://t.co/Z6dNp9RtA0— Christopher Reeves (@Christopher Reeves) 1624835102.0
Bernice King, daughter of Martin Luther King delivers the knockout blow:
I’m not sure how you arrived at this “100% guarantee,” but I encourage you to study my father more fully and invite… https://t.co/7a86jW1RAi— Be A King (@Be A King) 1624829214.0
It is a terrible thing, Ned when you forget that this is recent history and there are still people alive who remember what happened. It may be before me, but it wasn't before my parents — and that should tell you there are a whole lot of Americans alive who were here, and would wildly disagree with your weird 100% take.
- Republican-controlled state governments are in the early stages of ... ›
- Here's the truth about conservatives' attack on Critical Race Theory ... ›
- Franklin Graham urges school boards to fight the 'godless socialist ... ›
- I'm a scholar of critical race theory — here's the reality about it behind the conservative moral panic - Alternet.org ›
- 'Trumpist' Republicans are pushing an 'anti-history' agenda in the Biden era: journalist - Alternet.org ›
- Trumpists live in an alternate reality — but they believe in it, and that's terrifying - Alternet.org ›