How Stephen Miller inadvertently provided the playbook to fight white supremacy
Former Trump White House senior adviser Stephen Miller developed a reputation for giving white supremacy a mainstream voice. Although his time in the White House has passed, he is still working to advance his white nationalist campaigns by way of Fox News and other right-wing platforms as he perpetuates his dangerous, deluded ideology of anti-white racism.
Now, Miller's non-profit organization "America First Legal" is launching attacks against the Biden administration's steps to establish a more humane immigration structure that would ultimately lead to a more equitable America.
However, The Nation has dissected Miller's playbook and highlighted ways the Biden administration could actually use it to combat the United States' decades-long white supremacy problem. "What Biden's team must understand is that the radicalized Republican Party is going to use immigration to attack him regardless of what he does," the publication notes.
Per the publication, there are several steps the Biden administration must deploy to counter Miller's dangerous strategies to promote hatred. In a nutshell, the goal would be to use the mainstream media as a vehicle to counter Miller's attacks.
- "Use vivid, visceral anecdotes about immigrants' contributions to the United States in speeches, press releases, news articles, interviews, and more."
- "Hold press conferences, roundtables, and other reality-TV-style events that celebrate and inform about the above immigrant contributions to US national security, health, and the economy, while sharing accurate statistics."
- "Promote literature, websites, and think tanks that center immigrants and refugees and depict them as they really are."
- "Call anti-immigrant rhetoric what it is: a tactic of largely white elites to distract from the real problems they created for working people of all colors."
- "Forge alliances with other people in positions of power to accomplish the above goals and, crucially, to inspire hope."
- Stephen Miller tries attacking Meghan, Prince Harry and Oprah ... ›
- Stephen Miller is mercilessly mocked after tweeting awkward photo ... ›
- Columnist explains how Trump acolyte Stephen Miller is waging a ... ›
- 'Always whispering devilish ideas in the king's ear': Gen. Milley had a low opinion of Stephen Miller, new book says - Alternet.org ›