Jen Psaki torches Fox News’ Peter Doocy: Trying to ‘disprove a negative’ is ‘never the responsible approach’
White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki once again was challenged by Fox News reporter Peter Doocy, who regularly tries to create news, often by leaning into right wing conspiracy theories, as he did on Thursday.
"House Republicans are claiming that they have 'significant circumstantial evidence' that COVID-19 originated in a lab," Doocy told Psaki, hewing to Fox News and right wing talking points. "Has the White House seen any circumstantial evidence that it did not, originate in a lab?"
Psaki appeared unconcerned with Doocy's latest attempt to make headlines, and stuck to her usual role of educator when speaking to the Fox News reporter.
"Well I think first I would caution you against disproving a negative there, which is never the responsible approach in our view when it comes to getting to the bottom of the root causes of a pandemic that has killed hundreds of thousands of people in the United States."
Psaki went on to address Doocy's question directly.
"I will say that our view continues to be there needs to be an independent, transparent investigation and that needs to happen with the cooperation and data provided from the Chinese government. We don't have enough information at this point to make an assessment," she added.
Doocy: Has the WH seen any circumstantial evidence that it did not originate from a lab? Psaki: I would caution yo… https://t.co/KBf7mu1OQe— Acyn (@Acyn) 1621532298.0
- Jen Psaki had a hilarious response to a right-wing reporter pushing ... ›
- Jen Psaki had the perfect response to a Newsmax reporter trying to ... ›
- Fox News tried to trip up Jen Psaki with a bogus voting law claim ... ›
- Here's why Fox News possesses an 'outsized influence' on the American public - Alternet.org ›
- 'Misunderstanding how this process actually works': Psaki warns Fox News' Doocy against 'jumping to a conclusion' - Alternet.org ›
- 'Representatives of Russian and Chinese media': Jen Psaki compares Fox News reporters to foreign propagandists - Alternet.org ›
- Jen Psaki delivers take down of Jim Jordan's gas price complaint with a reminder of Trump's disastrous economic record - Alternet.org ›
- 'Would you agree?' Jen Psaki gets Peter Doocy to admit violent crime is 'caused' by guns - Alternet.org ›
- White House's Jen Psaki patiently explains to a Fox News reporter about the First Amendment - Alternet.org ›
- Jen Psaki perfectly mocks Fox News' Peter Doocy for attacking Texas Democrats - Alternet.org ›
- 'Let me finish': Jen Psaki smacks down Fox News' 'loaded and inaccurate' claim about 'spying' - Alternet.org ›
- Jen Psaki is forced to explain Covid basics to a Fox News reporter who tries to play the blame game - Alternet.org ›
- Jen Psaki clashes with Fox News reporter who just can't seem to grasp why CDC is changing mask guidance - Alternet.org ›
- Jen Psaki hits back at Peter Doocy question on evictions: 'Happy to have you as a partner in this effort' - Alternet.org ›
- 'You're confusing a few things': Jen Psaki forced to educate right-wing reporter defending DeSantis - Alternet.org ›
- Psaki claps back at Doocy over Biden's COVID response: Trump was 'suggesting people inject poison into their veins' - Alternet.org ›
- ‘There’s no reason to yell’: Jen Psaki shoots down right-wing reporter outraged about Hunter Biden - Alternet.org ›
- 'Let's not dumb this down': Jen Psaki clashes with Peter Doocy over cost of Dem spending plan - Alternet.org ›