Biden DOJ moves to block release of memo on why Trump was not prosecuted for obstruction of justice
The Department of Justice under Attorney General Merrick Garland moved on Monday to block the release of a secret memo that then-AG William Barr reportedly relied up in deciding against prosecuting Donald Trump for obstruction of justice.
U.S. District Judge Amy Berman Jackson ordered the memo made public following a Freedom of Information Act request from the watchdog group Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW).
The DOJ "notice of appeal" was filed by Deputy Assistant Attorney General Brian Netter.
Now: DOJ notifies the court that it will appeal a judge's order to release a March 2019 memo re: not prosecuting Trump for obstruction in the Russia probe. More to come shortly.pic.twitter.com/BiXXX7qNKQ— Zoe Tillman (@Zoe Tillman) 1621909536
Biden DOJ has partially unsealed Barr-era memo regarding the non-prosecution of Trump. DOJ at same time asks judge to pause her ruling, which requires full unsealing. DOJ's motion to stay: https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/20788085/doj-motion-to-stay-2021-05-24.pdf\u00a0\u2026pic.twitter.com/ir08ceOmpV— Mike Scarcella (@Mike Scarcella) 1621910009
- Biden's DOJ purges all of Trump's US attorneys — with one ... ›
- Conservative columnist slams the 'lame right-wing smear campaign ... ›
- Trump's DOJ targeted a Devin Nunes critic — but Biden's DOJ ... ›
- Why Biden's DOJ is protecting Bill Barr - Alternet.org ›
- Any documents 'shedding light' on the 'depths of Donald Trump’s corruption' must be released: columnist - Alternet.org ›
- Washington Post publisher says Biden DOJ 'intensified' Trump-era attacks on press freedom - Alternet.org ›
- 'Preserving power for Biden': Georgetown law professor breaks down how the Garland DOJ is 'defending' Barr's reign - Alternet.org ›
- A major newspaper just called for the criminal prosecution of Donald Trump - Alternet.org ›
- Biden continues nominating a diverse slate of federal judges at a rapid pace - Alternet.org ›
- Family Farm Action Alliance releases report to 'counter Big Ag's deception' - Alternet.org ›
- Biden DOJ to sue Texas over abortion ban: WSJ - Alternet.org ›