SNL brilliantly satirizes America's racial divide during the Derek Chauvin murder trial
NBC's "Saturday Night Live" tackled the Derek Chauvin murder trial.
The shows cold open featured the fictional show "Eye on Minnesota." While the full panel agreed Chauvin should be found guilty for killing George Floyd, the two white panelists on the show said they thought Chauvin would be convicted, while the Black panelists were not so sure.
"Let's just say we've seen this movie before," the Black female panelist explained.
"You know, that's fair, I think skepticism of legal process is valid," the white female panelist said. "Historically police have gotten away in other cases like this."
"Historically?" the Black male panelist asked.
"She means every single time," the Black female panelist explained.
The panel awkwardly discussed the trial and racial issues in America, eventually bringing the weatherman into the conversation.
There were also divergent views on whether the royal death referred to Prince Philip or rapper DMX.
While they could find little they could agree upon, 80% agreed that Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) is awful.
Minnesota News Cold Open - SNL www.youtube.com
- 'White Boy Summer': How Tom Hanks' son is inspiring Neo-Nazis ... ›
- Trump's staff is imploring him to steer clear of Matt Gaetz: reporter ... ›
- Was Fox News' Jeanine Pirro drinking before her Saturday night ... ›
- The legal system faces a clear test of whether facts matter - Alternet.org ›
- How the Derek Chauvin trial broke down the 'blue wall of silence' - Alternet.org ›
- Even this Fox News host's colleagues were stunned by his reactions to the Derek Chauvin trial verdict - Alternet.org ›
- Why this trial was different: Experts react to the guilty verdict for Derek Chauvin - Alternet.org ›