Jen Psaki had a hilarious response to a right-wing reporter pushing GOP talking points
White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki again was forced to deal with a right wing reporter trying to inflame American politics by dredging up old GOP talking points.
David Brody, a reporter for Pat Robertson's Christian Broadcasting Network, asked Psaki what President Joe Biden not yet meeting with House Republican Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy says about "unity."
"I guess the question is," Brody said, President Biden "has not met with House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, according to Kevin McCarthy. What does that say about unity?"
Brody continued, saying "there are some other legislative issues as it relates to HR1 and a commission to study, packing the Supreme Court as you would say."
The White House would not describe right-sizing the Supreme Court as "packing" it, that's a GOP talking point, just as is twisting Biden's remarks about wanting unity.
"And there's a lot of other lists as well, budget reconciliation, so there's a lot of folks who talk about tens of millions of people, they're concerned about that this doesn't seem like unity at all," Brody complained.
Unfazed, Psaki asked Brody, "Do you think tens of millions of people are concerned about him not meeting with Kevin McCarthy?"
Brody pushed back, claiming "tens of millions of people are concerned about HR1, budget reconciliation and going with a 50 vote threshold," he claimed.
"I don't think the polling bears that out," Psaki said, correctly.
At least two-thirds of Americans (68%) support HR1, the For the People Act, a voting rights and election reform bill. That number includes a solid majority, 57%, of Republicans. And a majority of Americans support killing the filibuster to advance HR1 and a $15 minimum wage.
"I will say that the President's view is that bringing the country together is bringing the American people together," Psaki continued. "So when I say he's, he is focused on bringing you know, bringing people together, bringing Democrats or Republicans together, he's not talking about solving bipartisanship in 'this zip code here.'"
Psaki: Do you think tens of millions of people are concerned about him not meeting with Kevin McCarthy? https://t.co/UmdysVn4e6— Acyn (@Acyn) 1619461036
- Fox News reporter mocked for 'gotcha question' after WH press ... ›
- Venezuela's Hugo Chavez was forgiven for his first coup attempt in ... ›
- Right-wing reporter suggests Biden thinks he's a 'benevolent dictator ... ›
- FDR's court packing plan backfired in the south. Will Biden repeat the error? - Alternet.org ›
- A right-wing reporter gets stumped when Jen Psaki pushes back on her ridiculous and trivial question - Alternet.org ›
- Right-wingers staking out hardware stores in pursuit of latest anti-Biden conspiracy theory - Alternet.org ›
- Jen Psaki smacks down Fox News reporter who suggests new CDC mask guidance is 'political' - Alternet.org ›
- This quote from a top Republican exposes how the party's unity is built on a house of cards - Alternet.org ›
- Jen Psaki torches Fox News’ Peter Doocy: Trying to ‘disprove a negative’ is ‘never the responsible approach’ - Alternet.org ›
- 'Misunderstanding how this process actually works': Psaki warns Fox News' Doocy against 'jumping to a conclusion' - Alternet.org ›
- 'Representatives of Russian and Chinese media': Jen Psaki compares Fox News reporters to foreign propagandists - Alternet.org ›
- Jen Psaki delivers take down of Jim Jordan's gas price complaint with a reminder of Trump's disastrous economic record - Alternet.org ›
- How the GOP managed to pack the court for decades - Alternet.org ›
- Jen Psaki perfectly mocks Fox News' Peter Doocy for attacking Texas Democrats - Alternet.org ›
- Here's why the CDC has changed its advice for masking once again - Alternet.org ›
- White House press secretary blasts Texas and Florida governors on Covid surge: 'Get out of the way' - Alternet.org ›