‘If you want a scary story’: Agriculture, human health and ecosystems at risk as Illinois’ climate is quickly changing
Illinois’ climate is swiftly changing, In an extensive new report released Tuesday, the Nature Conservancy details how Illinois’ climate has transformed and looks forward to what more change might mean for the state’s agriculture, human health and already-stressed ecosystems. “There’s a big message there that we need to be doing everything we can to prevent future climate change by mitigating our use of fossil fuels, particularly,” said Donald Wuebbles, a professor of atmospheric sciences at the University of Illinois, and one of the lead authors of the assessment. “For those things we can’t p...
- How Corporations Dump Their Toxic Sludge in Areas Filled With ... ›
- How HSBC Bank Got Away With Money Laundering for Drug Cartels ... ›
- Sonali Kolhatkar - Alternet.org ›
- What Is ALEC? Dragging the Secretive Conservative Organization ... ›
- Caitlyn Jenner just claimed she's qualified to be governor because she 'sold $1 billion of exercise equipment' - Alternet.org ›