Chris Wallace nails Roy Blunt for GOP spending hypocrisy: 'Haven't you lost your credibility' on the deficit?
Fox News host Chris Wallace on Sunday pressed a top Republican, Sen. Roy Blunt (MO), over Republican opposition to President Joe Biden's infrastructure plan.
"We're talking about raising the corporate tax rate from 21% to 28," Wallace explained. "When President Trump came in it was 35 so it's still a tax cut from where it was in 2017.""They're going to say you're protecting the fat cats and putting it all on the backs of the working class?" the Fox News host explained.
Blunt argued that the massive cut in corporate taxes under former President Donald Trump unleashed economic growth.
Wallace pressed: "I haven't heard you say it today but some of your colleagues in the Republican Party are complaining about this is going to explode debt, this is going to explode deficits."
The Fox News host pointed out that under Trump's leadership, the United States added over $3 trillion to the national debt before the pandemic while cutting taxes by $1.5 trillion.
"I guess the question is, when I hear, for instance, Mitch McConnell talking about now about, 'Well, debt and deficits,' hasn't the Republican Party, haven't you lost your credibility on this issue?"
Blunt insisted that both Democrats and Republicans have bad records on controlling budget deficits. He then attacked Democrats over the latest infrastructure bill.
"You can't spread that blame around if you decide you're going to do it all by yourself," Blunt said.
Watch the video below from Fox News.
Chris Wallace nails Roy Blunt over GOP's exploding deficits www.youtube.com
- Fox News' Chris Wallace calls Rush Limbaugh a hypocrite to his ... ›
- Chris Wallace nails Tom Cotton for voting record under Trump after ... ›
- Fox News' Chris Wallace Shuts Down Laura Ingraham for Claiming ... ›
- 'Aren't you being naive?': Fox News' Chris Wallace shreds Joe Manchin for enabling the GOP - Alternet.org ›
- 'Bipartisanship isn't working': Chris Wallace busts Lindsey Graham lying about Joe Manchin's voting bill - Alternet.org ›
- Fox News' Chris Wallace asks GOP rep: Who's really defunding the police — and he brings the receipts - Alternet.org ›
- Corporate PACs are once again funding the GOP's 'Sedition Caucus' as hearings on Capitol riot begin - Alternet.org ›