Kevin McCarthy's plot against Maxine Waters goes down in flames
The House of Representatives has just voted against censuring U.S. Congresswoman Maxine Waters (D-CA) for remarks she made at a Black Lives Matter rally on Saturday. Republican Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy filed the resolution.
The vote to table the resolution was, as expected, along party lines, 216-210.
216-210: House tables GOP Leader McCarthy's resolution to censure Rep. Maxine Waters (D-CA) on a party line vote.… https://t.co/wDjHt1khOo— Craig Caplan (@Craig Caplan) 1618950722.0
McCarthy's resolution to censure Waters says she "joined protestors" in Minnesota "who were gathered outside the Brooklyn Center Police Department," which is not unlawful and is a First Amendment right.
It also says she said: "We're looking for a guilty verdict" in the Chauvin trial.
And it says if the jury does not find Chauvin guilty protestors should "Stay on the street, and we've got to get more active, we've got to get more confrontational, we've got to make sure they know we mean business."
He also cited remarks made by the judge in the Chauvin case, who denounced Waters' remarks.
Waters' remarks were not illegal, nor did they incite violence, contrary to what many Republicans have alleged. McCarthy never attempted to censure President Donald Trump, nor did he vote to impeach him.
Chairwoman Waters’ actions are beneath the dignity of this institution. They raised the potential for violence, d… https://t.co/sAKo2Xu4A0— Kevin McCarthy (@Kevin McCarthy) 1618948325.0
- Colorado judge resigns after she 'used the full N-word' in ... ›
- 'Clean up your mess, Kevin': Hakeem Jeffries slams House Minority ... ›
- McCarthy slammed for threatening Maxine Waters with censure ... ›
- What Maxine Waters understands about America - Alternet.org ›
- Watch: GOP leader McCarthy squirms as Chris Wallace grills him on Trump’s seditious Jan. 6 behavior - Alternet.org ›
- 'Gutless' Kevin McCarthy buried in scorn for refusing to talk about Trump's phone call on Jan 6th - Alternet.org ›
- 'Sad, pathetic and weak': Kevin McCarthy demolished for his mealy-mouthed defense of Trump's insurrection - Alternet.org ›
- 'Actions have consequences': Republican group begins grading GOP members — and Kevin McCarthy gets an F - Alternet.org ›
- Pro-Trump Republicans have found a way to avoid talking about the January 6 insurrection - Alternet.org ›
- GOP Leader brazenly lies about Biden after president's first address to Congress - Alternet.org ›
- Kevin McCarthy mocked for saying he 'embraces free thought' as Liz Cheney is punished for speaking out - Alternet.org ›
- The 'room' Kevin McCarthy rented from a major pollster violated the building's bylaws: report - Alternet.org ›
- 'Weak 'leadership': Republicans 'pissed off' at McCarthy for feeding Cheney to the 'MAGA wolves': report - Alternet.org ›
- House Republican reveals he tried to warn Kevin McCarthy before Jan. 6 riot — and was summarily dismissed - Alternet.org ›
- Here's why Republicans should be 'concerned' if Kevin McCarthy is forced to testify about the Capitol riot - Alternet.org ›